Security Installer Community

What Do I Have?

blueey

Help please anyone.

I have just moved in and there is an alarm system fitted. On the only 6" high by 3" wide keypad (picture attached) it says "Optima 2 plus". No manuals were left by previous owners who are now abroad so I wondered if anyone can tell me:

could this system have a battery backup and/or, what happens if we have a power cut?

The electric company wants to shut of power for 30 to 40 minutes to change the meter.

Also, I have found on the net a customer programming instruction sheet and have manage to change the code but other features listed on the download, such as walk test does not seem to work. Testing the strobe instruction actually sets of the internal siren. I wonder if this is an old system

post-15134-1194649011_thumb.jpg

Help please anyone.

I have just moved in and there is an alarm system fitted. On the only 6" high by 3" wide keypad (picture attached) it says "Optima 2 plus". No manuals were left by previous owners who are now abroad so I wondered if anyone can tell me:

could this system have a battery backup and/or, what happens if we have a power cut?

The electric company wants to shut of power for 30 to 40 minutes to change the meter.

Also, I have found on the net a customer programming instruction sheet and have manage to change the code but other features listed on the download, such as walk test does not seem to work. Testing the strobe instruction actually sets of the internal siren. I wonder if this is an old system

hi,

there will be a main panel where all the wires go back to, it contains the back-up battery.

and yes it is an old system.

Help please anyone.

Hello,

You have an ADE Optima 2+ panel, probably between 15-20 years old (they were discontinued a long time ago). The system should have a back up battery fitted but if the system has never been serviced, it will likely not support the system in the event of a power cut. This may cause the external sounder to sound uncontrollably for the duration of the power cut. It is also possible that the duff battery has damaged the control panel's charging circuit. It was common for internal sounders to be put on the strobe circuit at one time too. As you mentioned the walk test doesn't work aswell, it would be a good idea to get the system checked over by a professional.

Trade Member

Hello,

You have an ADE Optima 2+ panel, probably between 15-20 years old (they were discontinued a long time ago). The system should have a back up battery fitted but if the system has never been serviced, it will likely not support the system in the event of a power cut. This may cause the external sounder to sound uncontrollably for the duration of the power cut. It is also possible that the duff battery has damaged the control panel's charging circuit. It was common for internal sounders to be put on the strobe circuit at one time too. As you mentioned the walk test doesn't work aswell, it would be a good idea to get the system checked over by a professional.

upgrade or replacement........ good idea. :) this one will not be up to current regs. i.e. bell cut off after 15mins etc etc etc :whistle:

there is on this site a listing of alarm companies in your police force area. go on treat yourself, its nearly xmas. :)

ps just noticed, Dave there are no xmas emotions, only somebody who looks cold and from finland....what ever happened to him? er cracking up, the downside to call outs..........

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived