Security Installer Community

Remote Site Cctv Over Adsl

Guest jas0n

We have several building type sites that we would like to monitor with remote cctv and to have this come back to a central point via adsl broadband, alerts for movement and recording to server from this point on.

We'd like the central point to have ability to control the camera/'s and have voice capability at the remote site too.

Any pointers to the kind of camera's/equipment or reviews of this sort of system that would achieve this?

We have several building type sites that we would like to monitor with remote cctv and to have this come back to a central point via adsl broadband, alerts for movement and recording to server from this point on.

We'd like the central point to have ability to control the camera/'s and have voice capability at the remote site too.

Any pointers to the kind of camera's/equipment or reviews of this sort of system that would achieve this?

Dedicated micros d4 / sprite will do all of what you need, will only record voice on 1 channel, but if you mean send audio you will next extra kit. It mill mail you when activity is detected in the set area. and can be viewed via an active x IE plugin or there software.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Guest jas0n

Ok, so kit wise (I dont know what some of this is called, please correct me!) - is there any more than the following?:-

On Site:

Cameras with power, leads back to box

Box of tricks (What is this box called, transmitter?)

Network cable between box of tricks and router

Adsl Router

Phone Line

Central Point

Phone line

Adsl Router

Network cable to box of tricks

Box of tricks (This box is the DVR, right?)

... or as central point is the box of tricks simply the PC/Server?

Viewing Station/Controls with alarms for on duty security guard

Guest Robmanchester
Ok, so kit wise (I dont know what some of this is called, please correct me!) - is there any more than the following?:-

On Site:

Cameras with power, leads back to box

Box of tricks (What is this box called, transmitter?)

Network cable between box of tricks and router

Adsl Router

Phone Line

Central Point

Phone line

Adsl Router

Network cable to box of tricks

Box of tricks (This box is the DVR, right?)

... or as central point is the box of tricks simply the PC/Server?

Viewing Station/Controls with alarms for on duty security guard

If your not careful and you lack of inexperience leads you to by the wrong kit you could end up pulling your hair out for days on end.

As a brief guide most Digital video recorders are network able and can be given an IP address. This IP address is like the telephone number.

To connect your DVR to the internet so it can be accessed by the out side world you will need a router connected to you broadband modem.

Your router will act as a gateway mapping your ISP IP address to your router and your router to your DVR.

You will need to pick an Internet service provider that can give you a Static IP address for your Internet connection. BT is very good at providing this.

To access your site remotely you will need client software installed on Internet Explorer to allow you to communicate with your site. Normally you will type the IP address in the in IE to connect.

Remember to pick a DVR with good quality compression usually MPEG 4 otherwise you recived picture will be poor.

Any further question drop me a message and I will try to help.

Just a couple of things, you don't neccesarily have to use IE unless the software\DVR is ****, just gets me when people interchange 'IE' and 'browser'. BT may well be good at providing fixed IP addresses but so is every other (mostly better) ISP in the country.

Just a couple of things, you don't neccesarily have to use IE unless the software\DVR is ****, just gets me when people interchange 'IE' and 'browser'. BT may well be good at providing fixed IP addresses but so is every other (mostly better) ISP in the country.

!!QFA!!

Hi.

I would like you to try our demo model.

just download the demo software from www.dvr365.com

This is a DVR connected to an ADSL line (over 5km away from the exchange and at the outer limit of an ADSL line).

Please give me your feed back as how it performs to other ADSL solutions.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Keeps coming up Log In Failed!!!

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Have seen a demo of some IP Kit made by a company called Cieffe. Very Very good.

It will fit what every you want to do with it, it was that flexible.

UK dealers are www.360visiontechnolgy.com email ben.lee@360visiontechnology.com

He will design and demo systems etc, very helpful

Mention X-act Security

Rich

Richard Smith

X-act Security Ltd

www.xact-security.com

Archived