Security Installer Community

Wiring A Pc Lcd Monitor To A Dedicated Micros Dvr

jig

Hi All,

I have a dedicated micros digital sprite dvr sl dx16C which im trying to connect to a normal monitor with vga connection. I have got the right convertors to get the cable from the monitor into the back of the dvr (using a 9pin to 15pin male then 15pin male to 15pin female which then takes the monitor cable!!). I cannot get a picture on the screen :(

What other configuration setting do I need to set to ensure I get a signal/picture?Is there a setting in the menu?

Also is there a cable that doesnt needs so many addons that can go straight from dvr to the monitor!!?

Thanks

Jig:)

The monitor output from the DM is via BNC only.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I think we may have had about 4 in total do this. I think two we sent back but if you get them places like LJD you are wasting your time! I've got two others that have just gone over their year guarentee but you cant expect the customer to pay. We've found if you find a DVR with a VGA output and buy a better known make flat screen monitor you can scrap the VGA converter box altogether.

Trade Member

We've found if you find a DVR with a VGA output and buy a better known make flat screen monitor you can scrap the VGA converter box altogether.

hi sparky83,

this guy could use and LCD Tv, phillips do a nice one and so do Sony but as usual dearer. LCD TV's tend to have a composite video input, the site will need a Tv Licence so not a solution for all situations.

to get an lcd monitor only (no tv) are very expensive, Norbain do a 17" about

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived