Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Security Installer Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sixwheeledbeast

Global Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sixwheeledbeast

  1. This only affects systems with the COM-IP or COM-WiFi and therefore ONLY customers who use the Texecom app. There is an Encrypted UDL option but it is not compulsory. I would advise not using any app to set your alarm system or alternatively use a VPN connection if you wish to use the app.
  2. Yep but not for any customers, I would remove and docket any DK attributes found on a maintenance. Found a one way radio garage PIR on double knock a few weeks back, wouldn't operate correctly as PIR would sleep after one knock. Seen contacts on DK too, again all down to engineers being properly trained.
  3. I don't agree any panel can be programmed incorrectly or non-conforming. IMO equipment should be as flexible as possible. Installers should know the regs and more importantly the companies should teach the regs to those installers.
  4. Uninterestingly I know the type you mean I have seen them in other Halifax branches. The ones I have seen in the branches years ago have since been replaced for Prox. It's 12 buttons in a circle, square about as wide as a 9500 keypad and I assumed you remember the number using positions on a clock? Absolutely no idea on make model etc.
  5. I would guess Trade Only Download, no idea if it still works but would assume so.
  6. Eh? I think we have both read this differently. I see this as A (the LED) and B (the relay output). I assume there is no power at B, A would be easiest place to locate PSU as it can go in the cab. One run of 200m 2C 1mm should do the job?
  7. Run +ve from the supply to a panel mount QB fuse in the panel, out through the relay and back to the LED. -ve straight to the LED
  8. It doesn't matter where the relay is there will still be current through the switch to trigger the relay. Yes, so they will have there CLR built in so need a 24Vdc or 12Vdc supply to your panel mount. You need to calculate the resistance of the cable you are using and use V = I/R I imagine 1mm 2C flex would be fine with such a small load on 24Vdc.
  9. Would need to be DC for LED unless you want it to flash at 50Hz? What kind of LED, how much current? Then you can work out volt drop.
  10. Xeno XDR View File Xeno XDR Submitter sixwheeledbeast Submitted 04/23/2016 Category Miscellaneous
    • 5 downloads
    • Version 1.0.0
    Xeno XDR
  11. Shouldn't matter about DDNS on these.
  12. These require good knowledge of IT and Premier Panels to setup. Sounds like you have the panel or ComWifi incorrectly programmed. Best I can offer is start again and follow the manual for the ComWifi word for word, reading several times before starting. External Dynamic or Fixed IP will not matter if setup correctly.
  13. Err, well unless on engineer reset, no.
  14. Have you reset the system? It's possible the battery charging circuit is faulty or has a blown fuse.
  15. Assuming they're wired devices, it still sounds like a programming issue. It should work OTB, maybe if you can't find the attribute that's been changed start a fresh. I would also start to consider if the detectors are in the best location.
  16. Something is programmed incorrectly. This shouldn't happen. Call a local installer?
  17. You can't that would defeat the object of the alarm.
  18. Time to start selling iD biscuits for £50 each then.
  19. Do you not have a WP to test?
  20. Yeah there's Lead Carbon, Sealed Gel but also LiFePo batteries are getting popular for mobility stuff and available in 7Ah I believe. But again is it worth the cost, really the system needs checking yearly anyway.
  21. Lol, bit tricky to get the right voltage. You can get other types like gel and lithium but are they really worth the extra?
  22. Removing the hold-off for a minute or so is enough to check the battery. If the sound dips or has a low output it's likely it's near to failure. They are Nicd so last longer than the lead acid type batteries in the panel. Depending on the box you can't disable the sounder triggering. It will have at least one fixing screw you can't have something like that in the elements only clip on.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.