Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Security Installer Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

james.wilson

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by james.wilson

  1. 1. Yes but the provider cant give you the code as it may be in multiple systems. Would you want a security system provider that didn't care about protecting their clients. They will have to attend and change it and this would be a chargable call. 2. If diy then then default codes will be supplied
  2. depends wether you want a pro service provider, fitter or diy really
  3. that's a diy install and you can do what you like
  4. Any decent installer would not allow engineer access etc during warranty or service period imho. There would be a charge to call out and reset the installer code at the end of that period etc
  5. you could swap the circuits, but why is cct 4 cct 2 as it should be?
  6. Hello
  7. could be either or the protocol
  8. some units show their address and protocol etc on boot until a telemetry command is received
  9. best of luck it was a gta btw
  10. get them and upload tmem, most is opinion and experience. You had a risco user reply and help you out. Then we can give our thoughts on them
  11. if they want to support it then fine, I wouldnt. Diy rf wise i has to be texecom. If i was installing it would be hkc.
  12. Id recommend you go with Texecom, their tech support is very good and will talk you through it
  13. no, stick with what you have on that choice I hate to say it but Texecom is the best rf system for diy both Visonic and scanny are 1 way
  14. agreed, I wouldn't of used the stuff you have but it is budget gear. A lot of people when buying an alarm system buy on price. Even when they know cheap stuff is crap. Sad even those that think about it buy the cheap sh#t that protects the family and home. At least some come here to realise it
  15. re the parts, audi parts have seat, vw and skoda on them. I'm sure its the same for skoda parts. But risco parts still have risco stamped on them
  16. sfi? I did think I should get a tsi badged car, but no its a diesel
  17. ok your on, recommend me a cheap audi front brake pad for an rs6? Yellow is ok but needs temp, green is worse. Red needs to drive harder than I do. I do agree that some parts are better, but I find that isn't the case in life, feel and knackering your disc if you have grooved and vented. You have a rover metro from the 90's alarm. Just get a decent one even if you do it yourself
  18. Audi No I don't service it myself I don't know audis at all I know some alarms well.
  19. ive tried all sorts of audi parts, I do about 40k a year. As with most things buying cheap has made me buy twice. Cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. The low cost installers have to use the cheaper gear. There is a reason.
  20. an a similar note do you recommend the cheap sh#t part or the proper one? You will know how the cheap one compares?
  21. ty you have dacia system at best. I assume you rate bmw? you drive one?
  22. I can see that but I assume you had a few quotes. As with everything they are not equal. Again I ask what u do for a living? My reason is you know in your trade what is good, what to avoid etc. In your trade is cheapest best?
  23. ie you bought the budget risco offering and even the better stuff is cheap. Did you want a cheap system vs a good one? That's why I was asking what you do for a living so I can compare?
  24. I know mate I was asking your profession.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.