Security Installer Community

Ljd 16port - Over The Internet

Guest stockers2006

Guest stockers2006

HI guys,

Right then......

Tried to get the model number off the machine. Found a sticker with the details on. It had a serial number (A0416A007784) but next to model No. it had "16ch stand-alone DVR" so that was a great help! :no: I have emailed LJD giving them the serial number asking them for the exact model number - so hopefully they will be able to offer a bit of light in that area.

Anyway, a brief description I will attempt....

About the size of your average DVD player. Has a CD-RW drive on the right hand side of the unit and has the buttons in rows going from left to right. Oh yeah its black! Have attached a little diagram if thats any help. i will dig out the digital camera at some point and take a picture of it if that would be better?

Once again...Thank you all for your help!

Stockers206

post-8339-1146521136_thumb.jpg

A little something like this?

post-2990-1146593999.jpg

You need to forward the port it uses in the modem/router, from the WAN IP to the DVR's LAN IP.

Then when you connect remotely using the software, you need to connect to the WAN IP.

If you don't know......ask.

If the documentation does not mention what ports are used for remote viewing, run the remote viewer on the PC on site, then download and run a copy of TCPview, its free: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html

TCPview will show you all open connections to and from the host computer and what piece of software is using those ports, make a note of what port numbers are being made on the remote side, these will be the port numbers you need to enter into the DVR.

Also, make sure you setup the DVR with the router's address as the default gateway, 192.168.0.1

Trade Access/CCTV Member

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stockers2006
A little something like this?

post-2990-1146593999.jpg

You need to forward the port it uses in the modem/router, from the WAN IP to the DVR's LAN IP.

Then when you connect remotely using the software, you need to connect to the WAN IP.

Yeah thats the one!!

:hmm: Now, where do I find what ports its using!? The IP address of the DVR is 192.168.0.121, so how do I forward that in the router? I ran the software on the local PC and checked the connection settings it said the port was 8000, is that the port I have to forward?

If the WAN IP (the 1 the modem is getting from the ISP) is for example 88.84.56.201, do I have to forward the port with that IP address? The router is a Dlink DI601. maaybe that will help you with my config query?

Once again, a big shout out to you all! Tis very much appreciated! Will probably steer well clear of this sort of thing in the future though! I cannot afford teh nurofen anymore! :P

Stockers

The router is a Dlink DI601. maaybe that will help you with my config query?

Are you sure?

D-Link UK doesn't list that model on its web site, so no manuals online.

Theres a DI-604 or DI-701, but no DI-601 :unsure:

If you look at the DI-604 support pages on the web site there's a FAQ specifically about port forwarding. That might help you if the DI-601 is similar.

Most routers have a DMZ just tick this for full access to the dvr, this should resolve the issue

Also make sure that the DVR is set correctly

if for instance the router ip address is like a lot of d-link 192.168,8,1

Make sure that the dvr is the correct internal IP I.E 192.168.8.2 (whatever Your DVR number through your router) forget what the DVR is telling you, you have to tell it the ip to transmit over the net

Dns will be 192.168.8.1 (Or whatever you need to type to access the admin page of your router)

See Image

post-2439-1148640354_thumb.jpg

Then to access your Dvr just type the fixed ip given from your service provider

Although i have never fitted a LJd the above has worked on all dvrs i have fitted, but know Ljd it wont work

I hope this helps

Archived