Security Installer Community

Remote Viewing On A Pda

Guest sparkyglimmy

Guest sparkyglimmy

started setting up remote viewing on pda using xda exec and dedicated micros d4cd 50pps

can log on change cameras go to date and time but would like to speed up the connection to view in real time although i dont think this would be possable? maybe im wrong.

read up on another forum that goevision can achieve real time wiewing on a pda?

any help or views comments appreciated

act electrical & security

bolton

lancs

started setting up remote viewing on pda using xda exec and dedicated micros d4cd 50pps

can log on change cameras go to date and time but would like to speed up the connection to view in real time although i dont think this would be possable? maybe im wrong.

bolton

lancs

Probably not possible if using full 25 PPS on 2 of the cams, you probably wont even get a 1/4 of that, it requires a lot of bandwidth and GPRS / 3G doesnt allow the sort of bandwidth required for full framerate. What sort of update intervals are you getting...?

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Guest sparkyglimmy
Probably not possible if using full 25 PPS on 2 of the cams, you probably wont even get a 1/4 of that, it requires a lot of bandwidth and GPRS / 3G doesnt allow the sort of bandwidth required for full framerate. What sort of update intervals are you getting...?

from logging on its abouit a 30 second delay then its not brilliant but it does me for what i want it for

the picture is quality and everyone who ive shown it to thinks its sound roll on ifsec as i think there will be some nice products there.

from logging on its abouit a 30 second delay then its not brilliant but it does me for what i want it for

the picture is quality and everyone who ive shown it to thinks its sound roll on ifsec as i think there will be some nice products there.

is that on the "lo" setting or the "hi" ?

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rockford

bolton

lancs

the DVR won't be the bottleneck and neither will bandwidth. The DVR is surely likely able to transmit the video at realtime. The speed at which the PDA is able to process the data its receiving will be your bottleneck. NOTHING you can do.... Absolutely nothing.

the DVR won't be the bottleneck and neither will bandwidth. The DVR is surely likely able to transmit the video at realtime. The speed at which the PDA is able to process the data its receiving will be your bottleneck. NOTHING you can do.... Absolutely nothing.

i share this opinion too, 3g may help in time but it will always be affected by signal strength, the same as a call.

generally the formula is 'less signal = more error corection = slower update'.

although i have seen some 'fair' results which are conjured from sending data as 'packets' rather than streaming, i have not seen the actual time 'lag' in action to be compared to real time - roll on IFSEC.

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived