Security Installer Community

Menvier Lineload Won't Communicate

Guest stevejones

Guest stevejones

I have a new panel TS900+. I have connected my TSDCI lead to the Digi Modem header on the panel and set the jumper on the TSDCI to DCI/PCI...

I have connected the DCI lead to my com1 port and told the software it was on this port....

My problem is I can't seem to get the software to communicate with the panel its showing OFF LINE!.... The panel is new and in its factory reset state with no keypad connected...

Is it possible its not communicating because there is no keypad connected?

Thanks for any help....

Steve

I dont know much about the menvier panels but i will put my 2 cents in anyway.

Most problems i have comnicating through a RS232 connection are because of the baud rate setting on the port. I would check what the default bad rate of the panel is and then set com port one to the same baud rate.

Is it a real com port or a usb to rs232 converter?

Are you sure that the panel is powered up without a codepad to verify that it is?

It wont work untill you program the panel with with the correct settings for UDL, you need a wired keypad to do this or at least a plug on engineers kepad.

You should always do a full hardware reset on a menvier with the comms and keypads wired, before programming/wiring up zones & warning devices.

Guest stevejones
I dont know much about the menvier panels but i will put my 2 cents in anyway.

Most problems i have comnicating through a RS232 connection are because of the baud rate setting on the port. I would check what the default bad rate of the panel is and then set com port one to the same baud rate.

Is it a real com port or a usb to rs232 converter?

Are you sure that the panel is powered up without a codepad to verify that it is?

Yes it is a real com port and the baud rate is set to the correct 300 but it should work on all the baud rates listed in the software.....

It wont work untill you program the panel with with the correct settings for UDL, you need a wired keypad to do this or at least a plug on engineers kepad.

You should always do a full hardware reset on a menvier with the comms and keypads wired, before programming/wiring up zones & warning devices.

Thanks Alarmguard..... I will connect a keypad and give it a go...

Also I am trying to replace my existing TS900 with this TS900Plus do you know if I can download my existing TS900 setup and copy it straight into the TS900+ ?

Steve

Guest stevejones
No you can't - the 900 and 900+ are entirely different - the 900 works only with the old DOS Lineload whereas the 900+ works only with the new Windows version.

Umm is there a work around or if I get the dos version can I then convert it?

Steve

You wont be able to get the old software as its obsolete.

Program it with a keypad, it wont take that long and if it messes up you would need to know your way arround with out a keypad.

Engineers dont always use laptops for programming ;)

Guest stevejones
You wont be able to get the old software as its obsolete.

Program it with a keypad, it wont take that long and if it messes up you would need to know your way arround with out a keypad.

Engineers dont always use laptops for programming ;)

Its getting the existing configuration out of the TS900 which I'm not looking forward to.... 32 zones of it... If there was a simple way to print it out that would be good the trouble is I haven't got a serial printer...

Its getting the existing configuration out of the TS900 which I'm not looking forward to.... 32 zones of it... If there was a simple way to print it out that would be good the trouble is I haven't got a serial printer...

If you really do mean serial, why not connect the serial port to a PC or laptop running Hyperterm or similar and just capture the output there? :hmm:

Get a pen and paper out and do it the old fashioned way............32 zones is nothing!!

If you really do mean serial, why not connect the serial port to a PC or laptop running Hyperterm or similar and just capture the output there? :hmm:

that wont work without the correct menvier adaptor as the panel doesn't put out RS232 directly.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a new panel TS900+. I have connected my TSDCI lead to the Digi Modem header on the panel and set the jumper on the TSDCI to DCI/PCI...

I have connected the DCI lead to my com1 port and told the software it was on this port....

My problem is I can't seem to get the software to communicate with the panel its showing OFF LINE!.... The panel is new and in its factory reset state with no keypad connected...

Is it possible its not communicating because there is no keypad connected?

Thanks for any help....

Steve

Example: (simple)

(RS232) Connect the standard serial cable port to a PC or laptop running Hyper Terminal (Win XP > start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Hyper Terminal >

(If connected then disconnect before creating

Archived