Security Installer Community

Ljd Cctv Systems

Guest matt gibbs

Guest matt gibbs

Hi,

New member to the forum.

I have a client that has received the LJD catalogue and is considering purchasing. Personally I am used to dealing with the more high end installations and wondered if others had any feedback on the LJD recording systems.

Many thanks

Matt

Some of the equipment isn't bad, but LJD as a company is absolutely **** and I can't recommend them at all. In fact, I would strongly advise you not to deal with them. They never have anything that you want in stock, they have no idea what the stuff is that they are selling, when they do eventually send anything out to you it's usually not working or the wrong item, their returns system is a joke and they are generally a very unprofessional company to deal with.

If you are used to using decent professional equipment then carry on, LJD are on a par with B&Q IMO.

Guest Rockford
Hi,

New member to the forum.

I have a client that has received the LJD catalogue and is considering purchasing. Personally I am used to dealing with the more high end installations and wondered if others had any feedback on the LJD recording systems.

Many thanks

Matt

I basically agree with Lurch, however NEVER NEVER use their PTZ cameras. We've bought six over twelve months or so and have had a 100%, yes 100% failure rate. Because they're a bad company to deal with, its very hard work to get them returned... I believe we're in the process of formally rejecting the goods.

My advice; for low end stuff, go with COP instead of LJD. COP are good to deal with and the equipment is quite good quality.

I have a client that has received the LJD catalogue and is considering purchasing

Every shop keeper has one :rolleyes: , its so they can accuse you of trying to rip them when quote for dm sprite ect....

Guest philhaley

An ex-colleague of mine who went to work for a local installer started to specify LJD equipment on entry level jobs. He found that it was impossible to return any of the equipment and a monitor almost caught fire!

I believe it is OEM equipment shipped in for Asia somewhere.

Have a look at the next post on the forum as there are a couple of threads showing peoples experience of them.

Guest Rockford
An ex-colleague of mine who went to work for a local installer started to specify LJD equipment on entry level jobs. He found that it was impossible to return any of the equipment and a monitor almost caught fire!

I believe it is OEM equipment shipped in for Asia somewhere.

Have a look at the next post on the forum as there are a couple of threads showing peoples experience of them.

Doesn't surprise me... Their goods are cheap 'n' not cheerful and they're just so difficult to deal with as a company.... never ever deal with them. Believe me, you WILL end up regretting it!

Archived