Security Installer Community

Protecting A Seperate Room

ranger

Hey all,

Ive been wondering for a while now so here goes:

I have a galaxy 60 in my home/business (home = flat over business)

i previously worked for an alarm company, so i have the knowledge...

I installed the system myself and still keep it all checked over quite regually ext.

I am wondering how, if possible, i could have a room in the building protected constantly by the alarm, and be able to either

disable the protection via nearest keypad before entering the room

OR

enter the room, then de-activate a timer

Then i would like it to be able to activate it via the keypad once i have shut the room up again.

But i would like this to be seperate from the rest of the alarm, so it is an always active system.

The room currently has viper vibration sensors already in use on the windows, and i would like to put a door contact on the door.

I hope you can understand how i mean, i dont seem to be very good at getting my point across in text.

cheers All

Regards and best wishes,

Ranger

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

All you have to do is put the viper and your new door contact in its own group then you can use your code to arm and disarm the room or have a new code that will only arm and disarm that area.

:)

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

You can utilise the "Groups" function. The G60 has 4, so you could have group 1 as the common area, and group 2 as the secure room only. You can assign keypads or codes to control only predermined groups, same with outputs. It's like a mini system in a way.

Either that, or you could put a shunt lock on the door that shunts out the protection in the room via some relays (Menvier make the Zone Omit unit, which is probably a better idea than stand alone relays). It's up to you really. Either one will do what you want!

Trade Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for your replies!

That makes sence :) I will go see what i can do now :)cheers guys, ill let you know

Ranger

Hey again guys,

It works great!! I have a seperate code for the room, a seperate E/E horn and sounder, the viper is on 24hours in the same group and the new door contact is on entry.

I am so pleased with it!

cheers guys

Regards

Lee

Hey guys, Really sorry to triple post! Just i cant edit my post for some reason so..

Ive managed to loose the spring from my upstairs keypad now! Is there anyway to link the tamper out so i can exit engineer mode until i get a spring small enough?

Also, last thing, ive read over and over the manuals but not sure if this is possible:

My pantry in my flat has a window in it so ive got a D/C on the door, i would like to be able to set the system as i do now but the pantry not be set for say 20 minutes afterwards? Because i at the moment, if i want something to eat in bed or whatever, i have to get it first or unset the alarm, just thought if its possible then it would make life easier.

Lee

Guest Alarm Guard
Hey guys, Really sorry to triple post! Just i cant edit my post for some reason so..

Ive managed to loose the spring from my upstairs keypad now! Is there anyway to link the tamper out so i can exit engineer mode until i get a spring small enough?

Also, last thing, ive read over and over the manuals but not sure if this is possible:

My pantry in my flat has a window in it so ive got a D/C on the door, i would like to be able to set the system as i do now but the pantry not be set for say 20 minutes afterwards? Because i at the moment, if i want something to eat in bed or whatever, i have to get it first or unset the alarm, just thought if its possible then it would make life easier.

Lee

:roflmao: This has got to be the best post I have ever seen on this site.

:P haha, and whats so funny about this :P

I suppose its a bit out of the ordinary

Guest Alarm Guard
:P haha, and whats so funny about this :P

I suppose its a bit out of the ordinary

A bit out of the ordinary???? Man, there is enough there for a script for a BBC sitcom. :P

Archived