Security Installer Community

1x Vision Factory Montage Plus - Swap For 8 Channel Dvr

Guest commjo

Guest commjo

I have just joined this forum, looking for info on DVRs.

I have 8 cameras (not PTZs), linked to a Vision Factory Montage Plus - fantastic bit of kit. Also I have audio from 2 of the cameras.

I also have a bank of Sony SVHS VCRs - SVT168 - doing regular recording.

I am now looking to move to digital. The VCRs are going, so I am left with the multiplexer. It cost a fortune, and so I would like to get best value out of it.

What is the easiest and cheapest option for me to go digital, and get a networkable device/PC which will record all 8 cctv channels, both sound channels, and email/sms me when there is pre-defined movement?

Does anyone want to swap my Montage Plus for the above solution?

I am based in the North West.

cheers

Guest commjo
Vision Factory are releasing a digital montage next month, but its the same situation, how much do yoou want to spend.

The Montage is overkill for me - 24 inputs and whole host of features which I dont need or use.

What I do need is the ability to remote view, and a DVR is the best solution.

There must be loads of legacy systems which still need the massive features of the Montage Plus - anyone want to make me an offer?

You should be able to me me via this forum. Thanks

It might be worth getting on to Baxall. I think their DTL (single channel recorder) can decode the video stream from your existing mux. This being the case, when you connect via the ethernet, you'll be able to see the full 16way split.

They're quite expensive but they may be less pricey than replacing the whole system.

Guest commjo
You may get lucky on Ebay but i cant see anyone needing one myself. Some DVR's are cheaper than budget mux's so you unlikley to shift an expensive one. If you get

Just to confirm that what Ultra High Resolution said is correct.

Vision Factory will be offering a trade in option for their new digital multiplexer at IFSEC; may well be of interest to some, but unfortunately it doesn't immediately solve commjo's dilemma.

Archived