Security Installer Community

1x Vision Factory Montage Plus - Swap For 8 Channel Dvr

Guest commjo

Guest Rockford
This has been tested and does not work with the Cameo D1 as the D1 clips the image to the picture areas only. This will mean that the video when played back from the Cameo D1 does not contain the camera number info required by Montage to de-mux.

I see what you mean... That's a shame. This will probably be the same for most DVRs I expect, though we know there are some that work... It'd be nice to know what codec they use to record. This afterall, will be what determines "what gets recorded". You've got a customer that does this successfully? Do you know what they use? I have a DVR here I can try, but being Indeo based, I doubt it'll work!

Guest CarlVF

I have been in touch with one customer he is getting me the model no of a Ganz DVR which he uses succesfully. I will post the model number when he gets back to me.

Some DVR's may not at first work but there are is one thing that can be changed in the engineering setup of the Montage + which allows you to move the picture in the horizontal plane which may actually get the dvr to work but this is something i would need to talk people through.

My best advice is if you are thinking of doing this is to get a single channel DVR on a sale or return basis then try it. I am always available to help at any time.

Guest commjo
I have been in touch with one customer he is getting me the model no of a Ganz DVR which he uses succesfully. I will post the model number when he gets back to me.

Some DVR's may not at first work but there are is one thing that can be changed in the engineering setup of the Montage + which allows you to move the picture in the horizontal plane which may actually get the dvr to work but this is something i would need to talk people through.

My best advice is if you are thinking of doing this is to get a single channel DVR on a sale or return basis then try it. I am always available to help at any time.

cheers Carl, and everyone else who has posted.

I will need to look at a reasonably priced single channel DVR, and one where I can get it on sale and return.

Who would you recommend in and around Manchester as a supplier?

Guest Rockford
cheers Carl, and everyone else who has posted.

I will need to look at a reasonably priced single channel DVR, and one where I can get it on sale and return.

Who would you recommend in and around Manchester as a supplier?

In and around Manchester you say.... Oh, there is this nice little shop; oh what's it called.... Ah yes, Norbain!! :P

Guest CarlVF

The DVR that a customer of ours uses succesfully with the MOntage + is a Ganz ZR-DH111NP it is available from CBC europe tel no. 020 8732 3334 web site www.cbceurope.com

Hope this helps.

Guest commjo
The DVR that a customer of ours uses succesfully with the MOntage + is a Ganz ZR-DH111NP it is available from CBC europe tel no. 020 8732 3334 web site www.cbceurope.com

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carl - much appreciated

Archived