Security Installer Community

Remote Camera Controlling

Gopher

PSTN and gsm is slow it is only for cheap video varification on a budget you at least have to have broad band to get reasonable speeds are you saying your speeds are slow with broad band because i'm surprised if they are?? Paul.

Yeah I am saying it's slow, see it's Asymetrical DSL - high speed down, like say 512K, 1Mb, 2Mb, etc down but 256-378Kbit up so you can see that if the site has ADSL your using most if not all of it's "upload" bandwidth, you see what Im getting at now?

BT hasn't gotten around to upgrading all the exchanges to do 8mbit ADSL and they aren't really that bothered about SDSL which would solve the problem as it would be the same speed in both directions then and not every place has cable and well NTL isn't gonna run a single cable to 1 house so that they can use their service it's just not cost effective.

As ya can see it's enough to drive ya totally nuts..

:hmm: So can you think of a solution to that?

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Guest -Dan-

Done a lot of remote access systems and if you have a tight budget you cant beat a dvr365! About 10fps over a 2mb adsl line with little loss of quality (256 upload recommended). Try it at www.dvr365.com it's got a ptz on camera 12. Slight delay in telemetry but not much. Only problem is it only takes 8 hdd's!!!

Great bit of kit.

• 1 month later...
Done a lot of remote access systems and if you have a tight budget you cant beat a dvr365! About 10fps over a 2mb adsl line with little loss of quality (256 upload recommended). Try it at www.dvr365.com it's got a ptz on camera 12. Slight delay in telemetry but not much. Only problem is it only takes 8 hdd's!!!

Great bit of kit.

Hi Dan.

We are currently working on a pure video server that will be just like the DVR365 but for remote monitoring only. It will use the same client software as the DVR365 to make it easy to use. 1-ch only but with PTZ control.

The price? Unbelievable!

Availability around 2nd week in July.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Sounds interesting, let me know the price tag, send me a demo and I'll let her rip on my Office Max DSL line (750kbps upstream) - see what FPS we get then :)

How web-friendly are these servers, any plans to make something in Java for playing the video in a browser without needing a plugin or additional software?

Trade Access/CCTV Member

Hmm that dvr365 looks good, need to prove how good it is in a test :D

Hmm a single channel PTZ controlable remote only system sound interesting...

Some people don't have Java installed / can't get it installed due to admin level requirement to install the java VM and I've seen some webcam kit, the applet always seems slow, as do most things that are web based, where you get that much upstream speed...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Most ISP's are now offering ADSL Max as part of their product lineup, a good number of top ISP's also do a business grade ADSL Max product, this has 20:1 contention (as opposed to 50:1 on home products) and gives you the higher 832kbps (750kbps of usable bandwidth) upstream - Static IP and multiple static IP's are usually part of the packages.

My line can only achieve 3.5mbps sync rate on the downstream, but my upstream statistics looked good for the higher upstream, so I made the switch :)

Trade Access/CCTV Member

Sounds interesting, let me know the price tag, send me a demo and I'll let her rip on my Office Max DSL line (750kbps upstream) - see what FPS we get then :)

How web-friendly are these servers, any plans to make something in Java for playing the video in a browser without needing a plugin or additional software?

Hi.

Please forgive my late reply.

Sometimes I get a bit tied up with other bits in the office and forget to check for replies.

Dave (Partridge) runs such a good site it

System Q Ltd.

Archived