Security Installer Community

Cctv And Dial Up

Guest pigeon

Guest pigeon

How do all

Had a friend ask me if it is possible to have a cctv system fitted on his business yard,which he then can monitor from home they have no broadband only standard dial up.If this is possible can anybody advise what equipment they would need. In advance thanks for any help.

it is possible, but not practical. Approx refresh rates of one frame every 8 seconds, although that may have improved with mpeg4.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Picture Perfect CCTV
How do all

Had a friend ask me if it is possible to have a cctv system fitted on his business yard,which he then can monitor from home they have no broadband only standard dial up.If this is possible can anybody advise what equipment they would need. In advance thanks for any help.

If a camera is connected to a pc/laptop and the pc/laptop is connected to the internet then you can log into it over the internet and view the camera scene displayed on the remote pc using one of the free log me in/pc anywhere utilities.

We have a device called VisionDial (originally supplied by System Q) that allows you to monitor 4 cameras over a normal phone line (not Internet).

Works pretty good, we have 1 left on the shelf, problem is you are paying for the phoneall the time,expensive if over long distance.

Archived