Security Installer Community

Pocket Dvr

secure4

I know of 3 mini DVR's, and the prices vary alot.

There is a portable dv recorder pretty much like the archos, ljd had them in one of their books.

The other is from a company that is called ovation i think, which records onto a 1gig flash card but is very expensive. and the third is the memocam dv58, www.vdomain.com but it is limited to the time it can record and the framerate.

What exactly are you looking to record and for how long?

http://www.tnpbroadcast.co.uk/omega.php#minidvrpro

does it need to be real time, what sort of lengths of time will you need to record for? I presume you want body worn?

whatever you find will need to be powered, so you will most likely need to sacrifice recording time for weight and size.

We use the Archos (various models) for a lot of covert work & training (trading standard - firemen etc).

If you want it for sports use the Archos AV500 with associated Archos camera is probably the best.

The camera is powered by the AV500 therefore you don't needany other powersource for short periods, comes with headband & remote switch microphone etc (its not the best low light camera however)

btw the AV400 is getting more difficult to source.

Forgot one important thing.

If using on powered vehicle make sure any Archos unit is protected against vibration !

Seen some destroyed after being cable tied to motorcycles.

Hi Baywatch,

Thanks for the info, I did check out the Archos AV500 and its camera, 1. i didnt like the unit to much. didnt look very sturdy. and the camera with it was a great idea. no power, intergrated mic etc, but its the low light i need it for and at that price I just knew it wouldnt be up to scratch, but thanks for confirming it.

Im looking on ebay for a 400 series at the mo, but I can get them from an amazon affiliate for

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

You can still get the 20 Gb Hdd model at the moment but the 40 Gb unit is hard to find.

You can still find the 100 Gb to.

I think they are phasing out the 400 range for the 700.

We can supply good low light cameras with rechargeable batteries at a reasonable cost for the 400.

Don't forget you will needa travel kit to connect camera for body worn.

Archived