Security Installer Community

Pda's

Guest Alarm Guard

Guest Alarm Guard

I have somehow managed to live my life until now without a PDA..... but O2 have offered me a free one so it seems a bit rude to refuse. ;)

So which one should I ask for...

I think the choice is:

O2 XDA mini S

O2 XDA Exec

O2 XDA 11i

Nokia 9300i

or a Blackberry

I would like something that will run MSN Access, but I don't think any of them do..... other than that I need the usual things, MP3, Good memory & reception.

I don't really know much about them and what I should look for..... Hell, I don't even know what I will use it for. Perhaps you can tell me.

Paul

I have somehow managed to live my life until now without a PDA..... but O2 have offered me a free one so it seems a bit rude to refuse. ;)

So which one should I ask for...

I think the choice is:

O2 XDA mini S

O2 XDA Exec

O2 XDA 11i

Nokia 9300i

or a Blackberry

I would like something that will run MSN Access, but I don't think any of them do..... other than that I need the usual things, MP3, Good memory & reception.

I don't really know much about them and what I should look for..... Hell, I don't even know what I will use it for. Perhaps you can tell me.

Paul

Just got 2 XDA 11i from them nice people at O2 this morning :yes:

Not had tine to play with yet, so don't know how good they are :huh:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Did you choose that one, and if so why?

Yes and it seen to do everything we needed from a PDA :hmm: But ask me again in 12 months time ;)

Reviews

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Hi,

I have had the XDA IIi for a year, it is a nice piece of equipment, but if I had the choice of those above, I would go for the Exec; it is the newest, with Windows Mobile 5 on it, and therefore, has lost the volatile memory that the IIi has.

Lots has been said about these devices and there is a website dedicated to the HTC ones (O2 call them XDA) at www.xda-developers.com with lots of good help and advice.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

I have had the XDA IIi for a year, it is a nice piece of equipment, but if I had the choice of those above, I would go for the Exec; it is the newest, with Windows Mobile 5 on it, and therefore, has lost the volatile memory that the IIi has.

The losing the volatile memory sounds like a good enough reason to choose a device to me.

I used to have an iPAQ h1940, used to get left for ages, days on end etc..., and go completely flat on a few occasions. Never once lost a single bit of information.

Got a new rx3710 and left it once, I assumed as it was newer it wouldn't lose all the info on it as the only thingsa I'd heard about this happening on was the old XDA's and some older PDA's. How wrong was I, lost everything, absolutely useless.

Next time, top of my list will be non-volatile memory, don't care about anything else, waste of time if you have to spend a day at home re-installing everything if it goes flat.

Lurch,

the non-volatile storage is a really good plus point, and I think I am right in saying that all Windows Mobile 5 machines are so equipped. However, I have read that there is a draw back; non-volatile storage is inevitably slower than the DRAM used in 2k3 machines. Consequently, some applications won't run as quickly, even given a more powerful processor.

Still, probably worth slightly slower performance.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

I have a an SPV M2000 on Orange which crashes at least once a day, it also dumps everything in its memory. I now carry a list of phone numbers with me rather than waste time loading them on again.

The older I get, the faster I was.

I have a an SPV M2000 on Orange which crashes at least once a day, it also dumps everything in its memory. I now carry a list of phone numbers with me rather than waste time loading them on again.

hi mate,

i too had the spv m2000 which locked on a fly passing wind, screen got cracked don't know how so went back to the SPV M1000. but hey its windows - what else would you expect? (i'm waiting for a linux PDA ;) )

try clearing 'storage' and copy files to an SD card, this leaves more for program memory and less crashes (i miss MSDOS 3.3 :rolleyes: )..

for those with PDA's buy a 1 gig card, backup to it every night. that way you can get back the info on the road, or if it dies you can pop it into a new unit.

just bought the MIO A701 (its got a satnav antenna built in B) ) awaiting delivery will pass on my commets later

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived