Security Installer Community

Way To Much Work

Guest xnode

Guest xnode

Hi all i am an alarm engineer working for a small company doing installs ,cm/pm work the promblem i have is that there is not enough work for two engineers but too much for one engineer.

my typical day is a 6 zone install followed by two services and as many breakdowns as possible.

no lunch break and my wages are not great im thinking is should just find another job or is this a typical day in the security industry and lets not even talk about the call out rota...

any feedback would be great

nice1

Guest rjbsec
my typical day is a 6 zone install followed by two services and as many breakdowns as possible.

no lunch break and my wages are not great im thinking is should just find another job or is this a typical day in the security industry and lets not even talk about the call out rota...

nice1

That's not a typical day for me!

I don't know how you could do all of that properly in a day.

I thought 2 bowls of gruel a day was a fair wage :P

Apply for a new job mate, as previous posts have said, that daily routine isn't good for you or the customer. Employment law entitles you to a break.

I take full advantage of my lunch break and won't skip it for man nor beast.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

It does look like they are taking the mick with your work load. I would expect a 6 zone install done properly with comissioning and lunch break could be done in a day, but any more is pushing it. Just make sure that a new job is on the cards before you hand in your notice there, espeically if you've got youung 'uns to look after...

Trade Member

Hi all i am an alarm engineer working for a small company doing installs ,cm/pm work the promblem i have is that there is not enough work for two engineers but too much for one engineer.

nice1

How?

Unless your day is just that, 24hours!

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Thanks for the feedback .......my days are 13hours +

definately a new job ..

thanks alot :yes:

Sorry but we would probably take more than 13 hours for a 6 zone installation if we take 13+ hours for an installation it would be spread over two days to what standard (quality) do you install Most customers would not pay for overtime you are getting overtime?

Sorry but we would probably take more than 13 hours for a 6 zone installation if we take 13+ hours for an installation it would be spread over two days to what standard (quality) do you install Most customers would not pay for overtime you are getting overtime?

Ditto, a six zone system in one day and done correctly? If I was a asked to do that in a day, I'd ask them to show me how they do it first.

The older I get, the faster I was.

• 2 months later...

Archived