Security Installer Community

Too Hot To Work?

Guest rjbsec

Guest rjbsec

After spending most of yesterday roasting in a loft of a bungalow, with the perspiration dripping off of me like a basting chicken, I completed the day by unwittingly leaving dirty black marks on the customers white bathroom towel, despite vigorous soaping and swilling, (do you groan when you see a white or light coloured towel?) :(

Anyway how do you keep cool and relaxed when you are working in the heat?

After spending most of yesterday roasting in a loft of a bungalow, with the perspiration dripping off of me like a basting chicken, I completed the day by unwittingly leaving dirty black marks on the customers white bathroom towel, despite vigorous soaping and swilling, (do you groan when you see a white or light coloured towel?) :(

Anyway how do you keep cool and relaxed when you are working in the heat?

There's no way of staying cool doing this kind of work, especially in a loft. I remember boarding a loft out for a relative this time last year I must have lost half my weight in sweat. I've got some cleaning wipes (forgot what they're called, but they've got a gritty side, and a smooth side) and they work a treat for keeping your hands and face sweat free. Stops you getting grubby hand prints on customer's walls aswell when putting PIRs up etc.

Trade Member

Guest Alarm Guard

I have spent the day in my office .... so I was inside, but I did have the windows open and a fan on .... and this is the view from my office window, so I am not complaining.

post-6045-1149612904_thumb.jpg

I have spent the day in my office .... so I was inside, but I did have the windows open and a fan on .... and this is the view from my office window, so I am not complaining.

post-6045-1149612904_thumb.jpg

who installed the antenna cable..?

Good excuse today to go round a few jobs in London on my V twin Shadow 1100, doing my easy rider impersonation...... lovely.

A lad working for me a couple of years ago fainted as he climbed out of a loft and smacked his head open on a concrete floor..... need to be careful in this weather ..... :yes:

Guest Alarm Guard
who installed the antenna cable..?

Think about it George! :unsure: If I can see that from my window, it therefor follows that I am in my house and that roof is somebody else's house..... :yes:

and anyway the aerial cable isn't finished ... if you look closely, you can see that a team of seagulls are still working on it :P

Spent most of the day in the garden typing up quotes on the laptop.

Replaced some bell boxes this morning and it was already quite hot at 9 am. The customer moaned like hell as the new box is smaller than the old c-type i took down so the wall needed re-painting round the box. But being the helpfull engineer i am i painted it as she still had the paint in the garage. Another happy customer :yes:

Archived