Security Installer Community

Help: Dm Dvr Picture Adjustment?

jig

Hi,

I have a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite DX16C Multiplexer, I have it setup with three internal and two external housed cameras.

I do not have a manual but trying I need to adjust the picture, how can I select the highest picture quality? Currently the picture is 'whitened' and quality is poor :(. (I have checked each camera seperately and the pictures from each camera is fine). How do I do this? Cant find the option on the menu banghead

All help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

sounds more likely camera/cabling problem than MUX..

usually you cant and don't "adjust picture" with MUX.

how did you determine the picture quality? did u connect the incoming cable instead of mux input to monitor?

sounds more likely camera/cabling problem than MUX..

usually you cant and don't "adjust picture" with MUX.

how did you determine the picture quality? did u connect the incoming cable instead of mux input to monitor?

Hi,

The cable was plugged directly into a tv via bnc and it showed a good picture, but when going via the dvr we then see the loss in picture quality which is why I dont believe it is the cameras or the cables.

Hi,

The cable was plugged directly into a tv via bnc and it showed a good picture, but when going via the dvr we then see the loss in picture quality which is why I dont believe it is the cameras or the cables.

Its a termination issue!

well - there is something rotten in this since jig mentions MUX and a DVR in the same context..

jig - are you having a mux or an dvr or are you recording on to the dvr through mux???

well - there is something rotten in this since jig mentions MUX and a DVR in the same context..

jig - are you having a mux or an dvr or are you recording on to the dvr through mux???

Apologies for the confusion as stated above it is a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite DX16C Multiplexer but this model has a 2x75gb harddrive and so does that make it a dvr?? :hmm:

Its a termination issue!

Not sure what you mean, do yoy meean the bnc need crimping better? please explain?

no.. terminating means that signal is terminated to an pure R equivalent of an Z of the cable.

DM is an DIY supplier so i am afraid that no one here is able to help you..

Go to DM web site for the manual, it is most likeley to be a termination issue

Thanks for all the help everyone,but still not sure what is meant by a 'termination issue' :(

Also cant find the manual for this model on DM's website, can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers

Jig

Press and hold menu, then search for the termination bit. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived