Security Installer Community

Estate Agents

golfball

After trawling through some of the requests for user manuals most of them seem to be from people who have bought houses with alarm systems already fitted and have not been given any info on the system on purchase

is there no requirement for this basic information to be passed on to the new owner?

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

As far as I know, there is no requirement, especially since most house owners will inevitably loose any instructions they recieved at install. We did'nt get anything for the Accenta that was installed in this house when we bought it about 10 months or so ago...

Trade Member

On all new bulid houses an O&M manual is produced wich includes

instructions on

Central Heating and who installed it

Electrics nIc eic test cirt. and who installed it

Alarm system and who installed it

E.T.C

is it not time that this practice was carried over to the second hand housing/commercial market

Especialy as they went to so much trouble with part P, Corgi E.T.C

Life is like a box of choclates.....if you dont get there first your left with all the naff ones

So off i go to a call out to a new home owner whos alarm wont work no clues as to a maintanance contract or whos system and end up doing an NVM reset re-programe only to find out that it was under a current maint contract with someone else

So off i go to a call out to a new home owner whos alarm wont work no clues as to a maintanance contract or whos system and end up doing an NVM reset re-programe only to find out that it was under a current maint contract with someone else

Well that would be either you or your firms fault. Dont you have logo's bellboxes?

Apparently and this is the Headache bit

A maintanance contract is between company and customer for thier system and is not transferable

Due to Fees paid E.T.C and thereforew the first contact should be made by the installing/maintaining company offering the transfer of contract

its not untill you meet another engineer in a caff who calls you a sod for nicking his system

Its not wrong but Highly Unethicle and a practice which should be frowned upon or discouraged

the gov. says money is money, work is work and i pay your wages, if the info was freely given on purchase atleast the right people would get there first

Ahh i see what your getting at.

Your gaffa is right, if the client wants to pay you to work on his system thats under contract then that then becomes the clients problem. The dodgy ground would be if it was monitored but on a basic bells only thats fair game, it would nullify the existing contract though the minute you opened the lid. and of course what goes around, comes around!

Archived