Security Installer Community

Cctv Cable, Does Anyone Use Ct125

Guest daywalker74

Quite agree Paul. CAT5 baluns also don't suffer the same attenuation factors as coax either.

I'm a bit of a fan of CAT5 myself, however, there seems to be an influx of cheap and cheerful baluns that are only good for about 60m (passive). As a general rule of thumb, the 300m barrier is only really supported by the likes of NVT and SNT. Their passive kit also supports FSK.

PM next time you need a pair of passive ones and I will send you 2 FOC and you can give me you honest thoughts to them.

Paul.

may convert you yet from the brands you list!

System Q Ltd.

Guest daywalker74

Does anyone use the combined cable, eg rg59 and 5 core singles.

Im sure the stuff i have has two 0.75 cables and three 0.5 cables along with the rg59 coax.

Seems quite a good idear as i supose you can keep the power supplies together and only need to run one cable!

System Q's baluns are really good, used quite a few, only thing I don't like is that they dont have any attached fixing lugs, you have to use the double sided pad that comes with it, which is no good when you wan't to fix it to a concrete wall - Any plans to alter to the desing to include this Paul? would be very usefull.

System Q's baluns are really good, used quite a few, only thing I don't like is that they dont have any attached fixing lugs, you have to use the double sided pad that comes with it, which is no good when you wan't to fix it to a concrete wall - Any plans to alter to the desing to include this Paul? would be very usefull.

Hi Alex.

We had them made for us by a Company overseas and used an existing moulding of theirs. At the time I had reservations about fixing them with the pads but thought they would be generally used in ABS boxed and on nice clean walls so it would be ok. I

System Q Ltd.

Hi Alex.

We had them made for us by a Company overseas and used an existing moulding of theirs. At the time I had reservations about fixing them with the pads but thought they would be generally used in ABS boxed and on nice clean walls so it would be ok. I

So whats the sign of a bad/cheap balun then? I'm off this week but I did hear talk last week at the office that revolved around the lack of a decent signal from a camera with a passive balun attached, was running approx 200m between camera and dvr. Fine at camera end but the colour was nearly lacking at dvr end, everything was washed out.

At a guess it would have been from either LJD or Videcon, if that helps gauge the quality of the stuff. ;)

egg03064.gif

Guest Bodle - Tech

In my opinion the balun should read NVT to be a good one.

Found their passives better than some brands actives, and i believe they are 25 quid each, not bad.

Bodle-Tech

In my opinion the balun should read NVT to be a good one.

Found their passives better than some brands actives, and i believe they are 25 quid each, not bad.

Bodle-Tech

If that

System Q Ltd.

It's been my experience that you tend to get what you pay for as far as baluns are concerned (might be wrong but 2 years on tech support tend to give you polar opinions).

A good one will set you back at least

Archived