Security Installer Community

Questions On Adt System In Our New House.

Guest Goochie

Guest Goochie

Hi.

I have searched this site for what I'm looking for so hopefully I'm not going to look too stupid by asking these questions :P

We have just moved to a house where the previous owner had an //.National Installer.// Galaxy 8 system installed and was paying

Yeah definatly check with the insurers, but Mr Happy's right any of the local alarm companies in your area should be able to help you out on this one.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Hi.

After I did that I thought I'd see wat happens when the system is triggered, so armed the system, shut myself inside then opened a window and triggered a PIR.

I was expecting ringing bells etc. but got nothing.

The control panel is now asking me to contact installer and quote a code (Presumably for the Technistore decoder).

Phil (Tamworth, Staffordshire)

I would suggest you repeat your experiment and wait 10 mins after you have activated your sensor - i would think then you will find your bells and sounders will make the appropriate noises.

If the system was on signalling then it will have been most likely to have been programmed with a 10 min delay.

As per previous posts you need to get advice from insureres before changing your system but after that i am sure you will find a local independantly owned company that will give you the service you want.

With regard to complaining :realmad: i would advise you speak to the //.National Installer.// branch manager initially about his salesmans conduct and if that does,nt have a satisfactory outcome write to //.National Installer.// head office.

(and no I don,t work for //.National Installer.//! :no: )

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Bell delay on a domestic ??

That would be a 1st unless its not been programed as some of the old //.National Installer.// software came with the 10 min delay already programed into the panel.

Its a long time since i worked for modern so i would,t know current 'default' programming.

But the test will prove it

ps to original post - make sure system is fully set before you activate syatem otherwise it will just go into exit fault.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

ps to original post - make sure system is fully set before you activate syatem otherwise it will just go into exit fault.

Don't think he's going to be testing it again until an engineer visits to reset it. ;)

BELL NOT RINGING

1) BELL DELAY

2) DECOY BELL

Have taken a few //.National Installer.// systems over and what you will find is a Hi / Low sounder in the hallway / keypad location and a decoy bell on the front and rear of the building as they have you down as a monitored system.

a) Could be wrong but if you move company you might find they have to replace the bell and run a alarm cable to the external bell location so don't be supprised if you have that charge.

B) There will be a Takeover charge

c) Maintenance charge

Regards

Will

Trade Member

Archived