Security Installer Community

Questions On Adt System In Our New House.

Guest Goochie

a) Could be wrong but if you move company you might find they have to replace the bell and run a alarm cable to the external bell location so don't be supprised if you have that charge.

an internal sab meets with bs ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Goochie

Well, having disconnected the power from the system for 4 days, the internal bell started sounding yesterday.

I entered the master code and the system is now reset to how it was before :P

Just need to get it set to stand-alone now.

if you let us know your location im sure someone on here is from your area and will be able to make your system standalone.the system will need a bit of reprogramming to do this

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

With //.National Installer.// domestics you only ever got a dummy box on the front and an internal sounder as i used to fit them through a dealership you have been well advised from above.

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

hi all,

i think our op could try a bell test to prove the sirens.

i'm stunned that no external bell is fitted as standard by a major if the above is true.

k its monitored, but that means naff all on a friday night when the cops are busy sorting a punchup at the local kebab shop, or doing your van on a double yellow - it seems a potty policy to me but at least no fines for noise pollution issues.

imo always bell/siren up high along with a good internal is a must, the neighbour next door will often respond before the cops get there, and on personl attack the siren is the best detterent, no copper is going to arrive in less than 2 minutes and more like 10+

do //.National Installer.// still do this given the A.P.C.O. requirements for confirmed signals?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i'm stunned that no external bell is fitted as standard by a major if the above is true.

where have you been to miss this ;)

imo always bell/siren up high along with a good internal

normal pratice, but the standard does not say the sab should be outside or give minium height

You might find that //.National Installer.// still own the system and may want it back if you cancel with them (or at least threaten this) This was the case on one takeover and the system was about 10 years old! :no:

hi all,

i think our op could try a bell test to prove the sirens.

k its monitored, but that means naff all on a friday night when the cops are busy sorting a punchup at the local kebab shop, or doing your van on a double yellow - it seems a potty policy to me but at least no fines for noise pollution issues.

imo always bell/siren up high along with a good internal is a must, the neighbour next door will often respond before the cops get there, and on personl attack the siren is the best detterent, no copper is going to arrive in less than 2 minutes and more like 10+

do //.National Installer.// still do this given the A.P.C.O. requirements for confirmed signals?

regs

alan

Quite a few company's do use internal SABs and decoy external sounders on monitored systems at residential property's. And as for The law attending on a Friday night I know they would rather attend that then some drunken domestic. ??? The company I work with at the moment use Group 4 Securicor and both the Police and fire response are excellent no matter what the day of the week it is.

Archived