Security Installer Community

Ip Camera Software

cyberdog

Active WebCam captures images up to 30 frames per second from any video device including USB, analog cameras, TV-boards, camcorders, and from network IP cameras.

Even works with the cheapo rip off 99c DVR cards from ebay. Trial period is 1 month and then I think it costs something like $30 to purchase if you like it. Used to use it to record my home cameras on a tight budget.

egg03064.gif

Active WebCam captures images up to 30 frames per second from any video device including USB, analog cameras, TV-boards, camcorders, and from network IP cameras.

Even works with the cheapo rip off 99c DVR cards from ebay. Trial period is 1 month and then I think it costs something like $30 to purchase if you like it. Used to use it to record my home cameras on a tight budget.

Hi,

Thanks for that, It is a good reasonably priced piece of software. Have you any idea how to set the software up for a live feed, so i can view the camras over the internet. This is without having to pay the software company for the use of their servers.

Where do the software developers servers come into it?

From my brief looking at the software, it streams directly from your PC to a remote PC.

Where do the software developers servers come into it?

From my brief looking at the software, it streams directly from your PC to a remote PC.

The way i see it you can not stream live video to your website so anyone can view it. Unless you either subscribe to the companies server or the viewer has active webcam software installed on their computer.

Some more reading up required I think.

I'm still not convinced that anyones servers other than your own are used, and even then I don't think it's mandatory for the software to work.

You may have to register the software to get all the features to work, but I can't see where you need to register to use the software developers servers.

Hi,

Thanks for that, It is a good reasonably priced piece of software. Have you any idea how to set the software up for a live feed, so i can view the camras over the internet. This is without having to pay the software company for the use of their servers.

Far as I remember you don't need to pay to use anyones server, the server is your home pc you use to record the cameras. For accessing over t'internet you need to enable the 'HTTP server' and 'Remote access', then forward the corresponding ports required to your cctv pc. (defaults to 8080 and 8081).

Then use your WAN ip to acess via t'internet. e.g http://213.153.23.111:8080 <---made up address.

Check here for a few more tips

Do you connect to internet by router or modem? Is this your main pc or a 2nd pc?

egg03064.gif

Far as I remember you don't need to pay to use anyones server, the server is your home pc you use to record the cameras. For accessing over t'internet you need to enable the 'HTTP server' and 'Remote access', then forward the corresponding ports required to your cctv pc. (defaults to 8080 and 8081).

Then use your WAN ip to acess via t'internet. e.g http://213.153.23.111:8080 <---made up address.

Check here for a few more tips

Do you connect to internet by router or modem? Is this your main pc or a 2nd pc?

When i try to test the connection over the internet i get this. Mainly the bottom 4 lines???

Testing that the Internet connection is enabled.....

Passed. The Internet connection has been found.

Local IP address: 192.168.0.2

Testing that HTTP server is on.....

Passed. The HTTP server is on.

Testing that Web Page file exists.....

Passed. The Web Page exists.

Testing the Dynamic IP service is presented.....

Failed. The Dynamic IP service is not registered.

Please click "PY Software web services (Dynamic IP Service)..." from the "Tools"

menu and click the "Sign Up for Free Trial

Account" button.

You have a dynamic IP address, which means you can't easily find yourself from the internet.

Not sure exactly how this software works but you need to sign up with a dynamic DNS service, such as www.dyndns.org. This will forward a domain name, such as www.myhomecam.dyndns.org, to your IP address.

Archived