Security Installer Community

Networking Amwerican Dynamics Dvr To One Pc??

jizzer

Hi,

I want to network an American Dynamics ADDG4009 Digimux to one pc .The dvr is located in the loft and I have a wired network point from there to my pc and want to connect the dvr direct to the pc.Having NEVER networked anything before I would like some guidance.

1.As with pc if you want to network 2 pc's via a simple ethernet connection you would have to use a crossed cable....Do I need a crossed cable for the DVR or a straight through one??

The AD DVR is a PC.

If I understand the situation you would need both cables! :hmm:

I think you are saying you now have two CAT5/6 wall plates between the two devices.

As Lurch says the DVR is effectively a PC so you will need to use a crossover cable between the two devices.

In this instance in order to

System Q Ltd.

If I understand the situation you would need both cables! :hmm:

I think you are saying you now have two CAT5/6 wall plates between the two devices.

As Lurch says the DVR is effectively a PC so you will need to use a crossover cable between the two devices.

In this instance in order to

Thanks I am a bit out of my depth with this unit I have direct wired a a cross over cable connected direct from the dvr into the network card in the pc

but am not sure how to get the thing talking to the pc which ip address should go where not to mention the netmask,gateway and dns settings

I have never networked anything!!!! so where do all these settings go do you put the dvr ones in the pc or the pc ones in the dvr OHHH my head!! the manual is like war and peace any idiots guides out there ?? or is there a wizard on xp?? I do not want the internet capability just a wired LAN connection between the dvr and pc Oh and when / If I get it connected I have to download the Digiclient software from the dvr to the PC... I am sure I am capable but the manual certainly wont win any"Plain English Awards"!!!!!!!

Hi.

It isn

System Q Ltd.

Go to your Network Cards TCP IP Properties and give the PC an IP Address of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 dont bother about a gateway unless you use the internet through a router. (this will remove DHCP so any cable connection will be lost, and you will need to switch it back to Obtain IP & DNS Automatically)

Then set the DVR IP to 192.168.0.2 with subnet 255.255.255.0

Simple. Use the web browser on your pc and type in 192.168.0.2 (thats if the AD DVR has a web interface) if it doesnt use the software that comes with it and use that ip in the software.

Simple

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Go to your Network Cards TCP IP Properties and give the PC an IP Address of 192.168.0.1 and a subnet of 255.255.255.0 dont bother about a gateway unless you use the internet through a router. (this will remove DHCP so any cable connection will be lost, and you will need to switch it back to Obtain IP & DNS Automatically)

Then set the DVR IP to 192.168.0.2 with subnet 255.255.255.0

Simple. Use the web browser on your pc and type in 192.168.0.2 (thats if the AD DVR has a web interface) if it doesnt use the software that comes with it and use that ip in the software.

Simple

The software for the dvr is installed in the unit the idea being you surf into it via the net and are able to download the digiclient software from the dvr over the net to the pc you are viewing from and are then able to controll from that pc..BUT how would I do this ie get the software onto my pc just using the LAN connection ..the dvr does not come with the viewing software ondisc

The software for the dvr is installed in the unit the idea being you surf into it via the net and are able to download the digiclient software from the dvr over the net to the pc you are viewing from and are then able to controll from that pc..BUT how would I do this ie get the software onto my pc just using the LAN connection ..the dvr does not come with the viewing software ondisc

As I said above using A web Browser on your PC, once you have the DVR on the same subnet as your PC, (Within the same ip range) You can enter the IP of the DVR into your Web Browser, and it should bring a web interface up. And you should be able to download the App from there or view directly via an active X Plugin.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Archived