Security Installer Community

Correct Dvr For The Job

brizee

can someone give me some advice on a "decent" dvr ( vague ha)

At the moment I install DS2's and intellix for //.National Installer.//, Envigalo for secom, and various on my own jobs.

I find on sprites the joystick/keyboard is good as are images but playbacks a bit pants no matter how much fiddlin with pps and kbs i do.

The intellix is great for features but the touch trackers are poo and even live pictures look like a bad sega game.

LJD stuff (dedicated) i found playback brilliant, but service and quality are awfull, at least 50 % go tits up after 4 weeks, and ive fitted a fair few.

What i need is a good solid unit in various sizes (160 to a terra) at a good price, with good support and service.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved.

(tech stats a bonus and maybe suppliers)

Thanks again

At the moment I install DS2's and intellix for //.National Installer.//, Envigalo for secom, and various on my own jobs.

I find on sprites the joystick/keyboard is good as are images but playbacks a bit pants no matter how much fiddlin with pps and kbs i do.

The intellix is great for features but the touch trackers are poo and even live pictures look like a bad sega game.

LJD stuff (dedicated) i found playback brilliant, but service and quality are awfull, at least 50 % go tits up after 4 weeks, and ive fitted a fair few.

What i need is a good solid unit in various sizes (160 to a terra) at a good price, with good support and service.

Thanks again

hi brizee,

i've been using ezcctv.com who supply geovision pc based solutions. absolutely excellent tech help amd a total joy to do buisness with - a big bonus is you do not need fixed ip or any special software for remote view, just activex installed.

have a look at them

btw the lady md is a real cracker too :rolleyes: so boxing gloves on boys

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

So how do you do it then with just active X ?

hi Nova-Security,

all i can say is that when you log on the the remote kit for the first time you have to download activex, (which is automatic) you just accept it.

once done you can view live, recorded, single screen, 2 screen or multiple screen, and it supports smart phones too on single screen.

with ljd, dm and others you need to run a small viewer program, difficult if your client is on the QE2 and other venues, which will not allow you to load any programs via cd-rom or usb stick.

regs

alan

difficult if your client is on the QE2

Yeah, I've lost quite a few jobs because the customer won't be able to view their cameras from the QE2. :rolleyes:

Guest Bodle - Tech

Thanks again

I suggest u use a ups/anti surge on the leviathon, trust me prevents brown outs and surges. Trust me they last longer than 4 weeks.

i have got the only one in the country that has not had a recall.

Tell a lie

It lost its user code 4 some reason ?

not bad 18 months

Yeah, I've lost quite a few jobs because the customer won't be able to view their cameras from the QE2. :rolleyes:

Hi Lurch,

sorry i missed you on the smoke demo, i was there on Wedensday - so that was a bit close :cry:

you just don't circulate with the upper - upppermost crust mate. :rolleyes:

that was an actual request by one guy who regularly travels on that tub amongst others (a very rich lucky git) and holds sales drives on them. his business is the hire of camera equipment for film shoots.

i built a windows based kit and installed 'gotomypc' on it that was 2 years ago and has worked faultlesly.

did the same for another 8 clients so far and all are happy bunnies.

i since discovered ezcctv at IFSEC, who's kit works fine on Geovision Cards GV800's (5 systems so far) and now SystemQ who offer the same facility on an embedded non-windows based system, they are getting 'scoped out' by me at the moment.

i recommend to get their cat - its full of wonderful CCTv toys and buttons as well as good advice.

also been impressed with the personal contact so far, based in Chesterfield and i'm in Essex is a drawback (LJD experiences come to the for) should there be a problem, but at least you can swap out hard drives without returning the kit.

if you can offer remote access as standard even to a mobile phone without the need for any software, now that is very conveinience for the client - and so a selling point in my favour.

not everyone want's to pay for a fixed ip, and that is a major issue for those on cable internet connections.

regs

alan

I suggest u use a ups/anti surge on the leviathon, trust me prevents brown outs and surges. Trust me they last longer than 4 weeks.

i have got the only one in the country that has not had a recall.

Tell a lie

It lost its user code 4 some reason ?

not bad 18 months

Hi Bodle - Tech,

QFA fit a UPS all the way well worth it and keps things stable. LJD recommend it and is part of their warrenty requirements.

i also set 'auto reboot' every 24 hours so it runs into a low level user who can not fiddle with it or stop recordings if the admin fails to log off.

i got a ups on the home computer, and has far less problems with windows since its been in place, even saved the bacon several times due to power outages, which we get spasms of.

regs

alan

Probably on the Qe2 they won't allow you to download the activeX.

We find this on local council, goverment sites where it isn't possible to demonstrate the Geovision.

hi baywatch,

i think on the boats they are using the newer 'internat cafe' approach, you buy the time and when finished that machine is totally formated and reinstalled, wiping and restarted automatically. this is also now i think done in some colledges, where they instruct on Autocad and the like.

regs

alan

Archived