Security Installer Community

Screen White Out Probs ??

Guest jonoo

Guest jonoo

Hi, wonder if anyone can share any tips on what I can do to get rid off the " white out " I am experiencing with the picture from my home surveillance camera, to be honest not strictly cctv its an Aldi special !!! - wired surveillance camera with PIR movement sensor. happy enough with the actual picture quality apart from when the camera is operating during the day the picture keeps whiting out, switching the unit off and then back on again cures the problem but obviously would rather try fix the problem rather than switching on and off again repeatedly !!

so okay to let you understand the camera is mounted so as to capture visitors at the front door off the house, have since angled the camera down slightly in the hope that this would possibly help but nope same problem, then tried making up a visor to go over the body off the camera to try and shut out some off the sunlight getting to the lens buy yep youve guessed it problem is still there !!!

any other ideas I can try apart from bin the lot and buy a proper cctv camera ??!!

any help / advice would be very much appreciatted.

cheers

Guest jonoo
sounds a bit like open iris problem. what kind of optics does your camera have?

Hi there, thanks for your reply, unfortunately have no idea regards the answer to your question !!! have had a quick look thru the supplied handbook but nothing mentioned regards what kind off optics the camera has, maybe someone else will know ??

regards

jonoo,

To establish whether the problem is caused by excessive light passing through the (probably fixed iris) lens, try holding a Neutral Density filter [ aka one half of a pair of sunglasses B) ] over the front of the camera.

If someone else can have a look at the screen, if the picture returns to something recognisable, then the camera's imager is being overloaded with light (in excess of the capabilities of the Electronic Iris function - just an assumption).

Try the test then perhaps post back with the result.

jonoo,

To establish whether the problem is caused by excessive light passing through the (probably fixed iris) lens, try holding a Neutral Density filter [ aka one half of a pair of sunglasses B) ] over the front of the camera.

If someone else can have a look at the screen, if the picture returns to something recognisable, then the camera's imager is being overloaded with light (in excess of the capabilities of the Electronic Iris function - just an assumption).

Try the test then perhaps post back with the result.

or he could just poke the wife in the eye with a barbeque stick, then use the (now unneeded) lens from her jager sunglasses over the camera with some blue tack :P

just trying to help :rolleyes:

seriuosly, this will be a very cheap board camera (as you said bought from aldis), so an electronic iris. unless you can re-site the camera so as not to look into the bright light source, try getting it replaced or fit an alternative.

quite honestly, you got what you paid for - absolutly the cheapest and possibly the nastiest thinking it waas a bargain. why people do this fails me, as its not only your security but your family's security you have skimped on for the sake of 150.00. as you fitted a camaera it indicates you felt a need for it.

big tip, stay away from 'part worn tyre's'

go try and get a refund, mumble on about being 'suitable for the purpose sold' they usually cave in after about 5 minutes (well with me they do :rolleyes: ) or put it down to experience as you've not lost much money and at least you entertained yourself for best part of a day. you have hopefully learned something - quality costs.

go to someone like Maplins for a better quality DIY kit, or better post your location and someone will offer to come along and instal a 'proper' camera more suited to your needs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

... i bought 4 to try out. ...it slide down so well i'd have been found with legs in the air in my cabbage patch! not a pretty thought.

regs

alan

4 ?!?

i thought that's beer not whisky?

:question:

Archived