Security Installer Community

Social Club Cctv

Guest Realist

Guest Realist

Hi Guys,

Question: A local social club has asked me for prices for a digital cctv system. My question is does this social club have to register the cctv under the data protection act, or what ever its called?

Also,

Does anyone know of a cheap company that can supply a digital recorder 160GB range with 4 colour cams, one colour monitor and all cables.

They was quoted

My question is does this social club have to register the cctv under the data protection act, or what ever its called?

yep

Laters,

Brian

Potter? from the phoenix??

Realist,

Notification under the Data Protection Act, is not so much dependent on the type of premises, as the way the system is to be used.

If it is being used in part as a Site Management tool, with someone monitoring the activities of individuals (albeit perhaps on an occassional basis), then it almost certainly would be required to comply.

If however, it is simply being used for security, essentially as a passive record system with nobody watching a monitor (except in the event of reviewing recordings after a crime has been committed) then it probably won't need to be registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner.

Ideally, you should consult the client as to how they intend to use the system, and then contact the IC's office for a definitive answer.

Guest Realist

Hi Guys,

They have been told its a part of the new licensing conditions that they should have CCTV on the premises. I dont think its for monitoring peeps but more to the security side of things.

They are not open all day or night but a few hours a day, so a large drive I assume is not needed as the dvr can always be deleted and start again. They have one large lounge, bar and a walk in foyer off the street.

One cam for the lounge

One for the bar

One for the foyer

I will see if I can find a link to the licensing laws and get back asap.

Im north of Cardiff M8's.

Laters,

Brian

Archived