Security Installer Community

Social Club Cctv

Guest Realist

Guest Realist

Just found this text in the "CCTV Systems and the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)

Good Practice Note on when the Act applies"

3. I only use a very basic CCTV system, how am I affected?

If you have just a basic CCTV system, your use may no longer be covered by the DPA. This

depends on what happens in practice. For example, small retailers would not be covered who:

It can be interpreted in different ways. Will there be a camera covering the tills? Will the client ever use it to check if someone has been stealing from the till?

That can be interepreted to be monitoring someone.

If they ever use the footage to try and prosecute, it may be argued that it should've been covered by the DPA.

This is just my opinion, as the terms of registering are quite vague IMO.

I think it would be worth registering just cover your/their back for the future.

If you don't know......ask.

Guest Realist

Yes points taken M8, but I know they only want 3 cams possibly 4 and only used for security, no till monitoring etc.

Its a club Im a member of and they dont want to spend a lot of money, thats why I have been asked to find out whats involved and costs etc, they dont want to spend

Its a club Im a member of and they dont want to spend a lot of money, thats why I have been asked to find out whats involved and costs etc, they dont want to spend

post-2997-1154256593_thumb.jpg

The licencing people in Cardiff usually require you to keep the images for 31 days (we have installed in a few nightclubs in Cardiff).

You can schedule the cameras to only record when you are open which will reduce the size of the Hdd required.

Cardiff police also seem keen to review the recordings on cctv systems to check performance and not rely on the live view.

Its an Av-Tech DVR used them before on budget jobs and are quite good for a no frills machine.

Id put a bigger HD in tho. I use maxtor.

Dont know about the cams tho.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Videoswitch?

Looks like a cash point machine, fell of the chair laughing.

coming from the chap with in depth cctv knowledge

Dennard, mind you Dedicated Micro do a nice and easy to install dome

thanks for your opinion :rolleyes:

Mr Happy, take a chill pill. Im only having a laugh. While you obviously love this unit can you explain why it is not of a rack mounted design or the fact that you are unable to mount a monitor on top of it? dont get out of your pram just asking the question as I have just installed a LJD dvr (not my choice) and can not understand why it is of a square design. By the way I am a sub contractor who just installs systems and I dont specify equipment or spend my time finding out what company has been bought out, hence not knowing DM and Dennard are the same.

Keep smiling

Kev

Mr Happy, take a chill pill. Im only having a laugh. While you obviously love this unit can you explain why it is not of a rack mounted design or the fact that you are unable to mount a monitor on top of it?

its compact unit :whistle:

you can rack mount this or plonk a monitor on if desired

post-2997-1154292294_thumb.jpg

Keep smiling

me? I'am like a cheshire cat on prozac :P

Archived