Security Installer Community

I'm Being Mis-informed By My Dialler

jamez79

Hi,

I have a Texecom Veritas Excel PCB and a Texecom Speech & Text Dialler.

The alarm went off last night which was caused by the garage door (think the wind caught it and i'll sort the contact out).

My problem is:

The alarm was on Part set suite 1, but the alarm did not sound. My dialler sent a text to my mobile phone telling me it was a 'PA Alarm'. I have checked the settings for the internal/external sounders and they are set to activate if the system alarms. What i can't work out is why the alarm didn't sound and the dialler told me it was a PA Alarm.

When I went downstairs to reset the alarm and check all was well, I didn't get the entry/exit tone as i usually do and when i put the code in it initially did nothing, then on second attempt it set the alarm off with both sounders being activated. (by this point i was wide awake!), on the third try it silenced everything and reset the alarm.

Any ideas? Are the wires crossed somewhere?

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Regards,

James

... What i can't work out is why the alarm didn't sound and the dialler told me it was a PA Alarm.

i think you answered your own question..

Any ideas? Are the wires crossed somewhere?

do you have panic buttons installed?

:question:

Hi,

When I set the alarm up i programmed it to activate the external sounders as well as internal, changing the default setting which is set to internals only. I have the excel LCD panel that told me it was the garage door (programmed the zone names) and have confirmed this by reading the log and checking the wiring on the PCB.

I'm just a bit concerned that the alarm can be set off and it doesn't sound at all and only texts a PA Alarm to my phone. Would it help swapping the wires over on my dialler (the PA for the Intruder connection)?

Thanks for the help,

Regards

James

i would check for a start hopw the output is programmed that you have connected the dialler to and the function that the input on the dialler is assigned to.

i would advise you get an experienced engineer to check programming of both.

its one thing DIY(ourself) but you need to 100 % sure your security is right.

We can only give limited advise of here wihout seeing ourself.

Post your location and i,m suer somebody will give you a decent quote

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

are the outputs already programmed on the panel for pa intruder op/cl etc.surely if you have the dialler wired into the pa output it will send a pa when the system activates.im not 100% cosher on the exel panel but hope this helps

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

Archived