Security Installer Community

Australian Fire Industry

integrafire

I was just thinking of staying at home all day, drinking beer in a dirty vest beating the wife at ten minute intervals while watching the national sport Aussie rules footie. The sport that cant decide if it is football or rugby.

I understand how you feel. I live on the Sunshine Coast, which is awesome - apart from one thing. The place is full of Aussies. My wife and kids can't stand them :no:

I have to hide behind my partnership with an Australian software company as the alarm companies over here won't have anything to do with me because I'm English.

For anyone who's interested, the Aussie equivilent of this forum is at http://www.austech.info/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Have a look at the topic: "GPRS Independent Study is In" and you'll split your sides laughing at the corruption and back biting that goes on.

Sorry to say that I'm in there too - giving a couple of Aussies a taste of their own medicine. I once happened to mention that I won't buy Aussie products and they just couldn't handle it. After all, anything Australian is the best in the world :yes:

Let me know if you ever get up Noosa way and we can go for a surf.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

It shouldn't be that hard to get into it. I know alot of guys who do fire that are not A grade sparkies. What state are you in I might be able to point you in the right direction?

As far as i know you only need a open cabling licence to install fire systems. If you want to get onto union sites you will need to be a member of the electrical trades union. You dont need to be a electrician to become a member.

Have you though about installing CCTV or intruder alarms? You could even start your own business doing fire.

Fingers crossed i may have done it. As soon as i arrived here i emailed my cv to Wormald projects team. That is over 2 and a half months ago. They have offered me a position (references pending but my old boss has promised he would be nice and not mention that accidental gas dump DOH!) and i should be starting in a week or so.

The consultants havent been much use over here, giving up at the first hurdle.

You are right that you dont have to be a sparks, but the smaller companies want that so they can do all aspects of fire and safety such as emergency lights. I knew my only chance would be with a bigger company.

Now has any one got any aussie manuals......... ;)

Just got off the phone and at last have been offered a job with Wormald. At last, my feeling of no self worth and oppression has been lifted.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. ;)

Just got off the phone and at last have been offered a job with Wormald. At last, my feeling of no self worth and oppression has been lifted.

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. ;)

Congratulations & well done!!

Trade Member

I was just thinking of staying at home all day, drinking beer in a dirty vest beating the wife at ten minute intervals while watching the national sport Aussie rules footie. The sport that cant decide if it is football or rugby.

I understand how you feel. I live on the Sunshine Coast, which is awesome - apart from one thing. The place is full of Aussies. My wife and kids can't stand them :no:

I have to hide behind my partnership with an Australian software company as the alarm companies over here won't have anything to do with me because I'm English.

For anyone who's interested, the Aussie equivilent of this forum is at http://www.austech.info/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Have a look at the topic: "GPRS Independent Study is In" and you'll split your sides laughing at the corruption and back biting that goes on.

Sorry to say that I'm in there too - giving a couple of Aussies a taste of their own medicine. I once happened to mention that I won't buy Aussie products and they just couldn't handle it. After all, anything Australian is the best in the world :yes:

Let me know if you ever get up Noosa way and we can go for a surf.

pmsl @ the aussie site, and we think its bad here at times.

:whistle:

cheers

Archived