Security Installer Community

Cctv Quotes

Guest Mat

As mentioned in another posting I too list each camera on an individual basis in a quote. I list them against location, what it can do (what it can be expected to do) and the field of view. I usually state wether the field of view is to provide ID or observation etc. I try not to ge too technical as this can just be used as a shjopping list by some customers who run off to Y3K

I also include contact details for the Data protection commitioners office and make the customer aware it is thier responcibility to register where apropriate.

Hope this helps

Mat

Do you mention ROTAKIN in your decription? I know a few people use Rotakin but lots don't know what it is..

Appartently Rotakin Specification WILL become mandatory for CCTV with 24 months so anyone or company who do not use it will be in th SH**.

This comes from the Insurance side in conjuction with the Home Office Scientific Branch.

Just trying to do my job

Do you mention ROTAKIN in your decription? I know a few people use Rotakin but lots don't know what it is..

Appartently Rotakin Specification WILL become mandatory for CCTV with 24 months so anyone or company who do not use it will be in th SH**.

This comes from the Insurance side in conjuction with the Home Office Scientific Branch.

Who will be policing the use of rotakin?

Where have you got this information from?

What benefit is there of using a rotakin in a small corner shop that uses fixed lens cameras?

The info comes from various sources.

One is Honeywell, (who sell Rotakin), ?????

And one from the Home Office Scientific Branch who developed Rotakin.

Domestic -- Dunno, Hope not. But if you have it, you may as well quote it.

I think it may be towards Higher security areas, Schools, banks, etc..

The only way I can see for them to Regulate it is to specify it on Insurance.

Just trying to do my job

Its all to do with quality of a picture at a set distance.

i.e. Rotakin, 'IDENTIFICATION' at 5m = ROTAKIN I5M

There are 5 levels of pickup which are used in conjunction with police, lawers etc.. They specify what level of pickup are required.

Just trying to do my job

ROTAKIN is a specification standard designed to be used when specifying cctv to take the guesswork out of the equation by the customer--instead of only knowing what he will get when he has already got it he can request certain levels of video image or the specifier can quote certain standards which can be compared to customer requirements and/or expectations--sounds like a good idea for some applications but could be a problem if forced on all systems.

Not sure how honeywell can sell it though or are they selling kit to comply with the different standards of video capture required ?.

tHEY APPARANTLY HAVE THE 'SOLE' DISTRIBUTION FOR rOTAKIN.

Just trying to do my job

Rotakins are available from Norbain, the operational requirement for the camera systems performance, ie image resolution, speed of operator identification of target, dynamic resolution of camera etc can be determined using this tool

why not simply do as i do?

i use my phone and take a shot of the locationand and then a shot from that location of the view. exsplain this is approximately equivilant to 3.6 mm lens and print images in the quote.

i do not list the camera/DVR model, voltage etc. this get done on confirmation of intent or follow up.

this helps to protect me from being used for my knowledge/skills, and a local sparks for his cheapness using my designs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived