Security Installer Community

Software For Dvr Card

imperium

Chris

Y3K use Geovision cards will the above software work with their cards? I have a couple of Y3K machines that crash on a hourly basis that I could use as loan machines if I could rely on them.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Y3K stopped using Geovision cards over 2 years ago, and I do not recognise the make or model of that card.

I did not realise you had so many problems still with the 2 machines you have, as your response to our last conversation when we offered to look at them for you was:

The two machines we have work to a fashion with usb hard drives rather than the ones in the removable cage, they just cant be relied on for anything longer than a week. We currently use them as loan machines on the understanding that the machine and recordings are regularly checked.

If I were to send them back it would be my luck that you have the machines when I want to use them.

The most up to date version of the Geovision software that will work with the cards in your machines is Version 6, do you want me to send it to you?

Later versions of Geovision will not work as they changed the pic and the card after this version, and decided to make the older cards obsolete in doing so.

We sourced all our cards from Geovision directly under an OEM agreement.

If you contact them they may swap the card to a newer one for you.

If you need any further assistance please PM me.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter

Please do send me the latest software, I need the drivers too please. The machines are both over two years old.

One machine does not work at all it crashed and would not reboot win 2k I loaded XP over the top of the win 2k, but the software says "cannot find keypro" and there is a :!: on the second driver in device manager, Ive tried reloading the drivers but this doesnt help.

The other machine reboots randomly sometimes every thirty seconds or so, but only when the software is running. The machine will sit all day long in the windows start page.

Thanks in advance

Pete

No problem.

They will be sent out today first class post, let me know how you get on.

Best regards

Peter

If you are trying to load later software on old cards, you will need a dongle to upgrade.

The system will reboot continually if no cameras are connected.

Also the system will reboot if unused cameras are not disabled but are showing "video loss".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived