Security Installer Community

Ventcroft Ltd. Redesigning Their Range Of Bell Boxes

Whatever you make, make sure it's easy to mount on the folded steel sheets that you get on the side of industrial units. It's a right pain mounting the box to it and getting the wall tamper, cable entry and fixing holes lined up on the "sticky out bits" of the stuff. Perhaps a movable tamper switch assembly and a choice of mounting holes would overcome this problem.

Trade Member

Whatever you make, make sure it's easy to mount on the folded steel sheets that you get on the side of industrial units.

the cladding is all different profiles.

galv plates is less messing rivert or tec screw on

sub don't like galv finish colour match with car paint ;)

Whatever you make, make sure it's easy to mount on the folded steel sheets that you get on the side of industrial units.

the cladding is all different profiles. Hence the moveable tamper switch and different holes

rivert or tec screw on I thought it had to be 4mm threaded bar through to the inside and bolted on?

sub don't like galv finish colour match with car paint ;)OTT or what? :P

Trade Member

the cladding is all different profiles. Hence the moveable tamper switch and different holes

rivert or tec screw on I thought it had to be 4mm threaded bar through to the inside and bolted on?

sub don't like galv finish colour match with car paint ;)OTT or what? :P

i expect you could make an h style to fit most clading, but the c type or more modern "delta" style would be a struggle.

threaded bar? :rolleyes: not me guv

have painted a dozen plates but the client was a ring piece

on the bar and plate question, we used to have to, we still do but that was 4737, but i would expect we still need to for en, although bells are now less important according to en so maybe not

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

How out of touch am I. It will take me a few hours to look at this last lot of information and I will try to condense it down to a few bullet points on your requirements.

One thing that did catch my eye was the coments regarding the strobe and its possible replacement with LED's currently this is an option and we have developed a 1.5 to 3mA LED strobe unfortunately it costs 3 times as much as a standard strobe circuit although it does have lots off advantages. It could them be microprocessor controlled and I could send out the bell boxes current status in morse.

I think we will seriously need to look at how the bell box is mounted as uneven walls and crinkle cut factories seem a major issue

Archived