Security Installer Community

Camera Survaillence Software

tubularowl

Hi,

I am currently running an old PC, 800 mhz, 256mb RAM, Windows XP, 80g H/D, as a dedicated CCTV using a DVR card and PICO2000 software. I only have 2 camaras, both very good ones with high spec and a great picture, both triggered by motion detection and with night vision. The frame rate with one camera is 25fps but with 2 cameras it is halved to 12.5 fps.

My question is, is there any recommended software out there that will deliver better performance and be a bit more user friendly. One of the problems with PICO is that it saves vidio files with a random file name so locating and issolating a file is a pain as you must scan the list manually.

Can anyone recommend anything better ????

cheers

Tubularowl.

In a word no,

The software is poor and the card is poor, It's a counterfiet version of a well known branded card.

Replacement software is availible such as active webcam from HERE.

You won't be able to make it go any faster due to hardware limitations of the card.

My advice would be to replace it with either a proper capture card or a dedicated DVR.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

In a word no,

The software is poor and the card is poor, It's a counterfiet version of a well known branded card.

Replacement software is availible such as active webcam from HERE.

You won't be able to make it go any faster due to hardware limitations of the card.

My advice would be to replace it with either a proper capture card or a dedicated DVR.

Regards

Bellman

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to source a decent card then. I agree that the software is poor but I think it will run at 25fps on more than 1 camera once I put a better card in. The active webcam software doesn't look to be much different to what I already have.

Regards

Tubularowl

I run the same setup here ( 4 cameras ) and must admit the card I have is not all that good... But how do I tell one from another? ( before I buy it )

The PICO2000 software I find is not too bad but the filename system drives me crazy as well...

Guest netdvr

Hello,

we are a professional H.264 DVR products manufacturer.we offer the best H.264 DVR card and software,

Our products can max support 64 channnel .For you circs,we suggest you use the NV4004HC,this card

can make D1,you can download and try it(http://www.netvisiondvr.com/download.htm),If you have any problem,please contact with us in your free.

we hope to talk with you online.

Http://www.netvisiondvr.com

MSN:tina0624@hotmail.com

SKPYE:tina_xx

I run the same setup here ( 4 cameras ) and must admit the card I have is not all that good... But how do I tell one from another? ( before I buy it )

The PICO2000 software I find is not too bad but the filename system drives me crazy as well...

I agree about the PICO software. I've looked at other software and to be honest it doesn't seen to do anything else that the PICO stuff does. The file system is **** though. I only run 2 camaras at the moment. They were very expensive (for a home system) but the picture is great with a 12mm lens on one and a 9mm on the other. If you want to save a file with pico I find it is best to start removeing it and at the last stage preview it and then 'save as'. It save it as a wmv file and will playback in win media player.

cheers

Archived