Security Installer Community

The Ghana Job

Sat here reading "security installer" september issue theirs a bloke on about his firm & the jobs its done.

Now given the fact I very much doubt the trade rag has sent someone to africa to take snapshots, the photo must has been supplied by the firm? So if you had the chance to get something you've fitted pictured in the press you would naturally pick something installed to the highest standard?

Picture is a mains housing with the video cables hanging down the cladding with no support which would seem to be coming from the external factory services pipe work where it appear to be losely cable tied to it but hanging down.

Page 49, installation firms called galloway electronics the client is heniz food, like the **** jobs which where in norbains mag i posted before I'll see if i can get the pic scanned unless someone bets me to it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I havn't seen it yet.

However I see this all the time in magazines, shoddy looking installs featured! Makes you think, if thats what they submit as their best, what's their worst ones like?!!?

You couldnt be closer to the truth. Some of the things I have seen over here, kids in kindergarden could do a better job. There is really no standard set in stone to work to over here except in fire where they work to BS. I have found a lot of fire installs over here of a very high standard.

cheers Kev

Some of the things I have seen over here, kids in kindergarden could do a better job.

Its have been done by a uk firm & reading the mag the bossman is giving the impression that he's been on the tools at the time?

If you are working far from home don't you take extra care to ensure everything is 110% to prevent the inconvenience of returning?

Named & shamed? www.galloway-electronics.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Ghana colleague working together in the office. he is a really interesting guy.

Anson Hsia & Xia Yuan & かえん---International Sales Executive

=================================================

ICEC TECHNOLOGY LIMITED---CCTV CAMERA MANUFACTURER

E-MAIL: xiayuan.ansonhsia@gmail.com

ICEC WEBSITE

Archived