Security Installer Community

Pc Based Dvr Problems

Guest drifter

Guest drifter

I have an Xvision DVR system with 4 cameras which I have set up to work as a server and client and also to use as a web based system. My system works through a Safecom wireless router. The server and client software works fine but I have a problem when trying to use on the web. I get the screen and log in box but when I try to log in I get a message saying cannot connect to server. If I log in from any pc on my network but connect as if on the net I log in ok. Any advice appreciated

Guest drifter

I have set the port forwarding on the router to 9090 and the same in the xvision programme. I'm not very well up on this though. If you try this http://89.241.4.79:9090/webclient.htm you will see the problem I have. Log on General (upper G) pass toshiba. I tried it yesterday with a wired modem and the same thing happened.

Actually I should really log on to this http://89.241.4.79:9090/dvssweb.htm

Post deleted

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest drifter

But I log on ok if I enter the address into outlook express on any of my own pc's. Also the login and pass work fine with the client software.

Sorry meant internet explorer.

But I log on ok if I enter the address into outlook express on any of my own pc's. Also the login and pass work fine with the client software.

Sorry meant internet explorer.

I assume these pc's are on the internal lan and have no port forwarding issues to worry about?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest drifter

Yes all the pc's that work are on the lan. I have tried the ip in dmz but still the same. Can you give me a bit of advice on the port forwarding. All I have set is to forward port 9090 to the ip of the dvr pc in the router and port 9090 is set in the dvr programme. It did work like this for a few days some weeks ago but then stopped and has never worked since.

connect to your recorder on the lan then us a packet sniffer to see what ports are used. Plus not all routers are happy with all types of traffic

You could try vpn'ing in and see if that helps

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

connect to your recorder on the lan then us a packet sniffer to see what ports are used. Plus not all routers are happy with all types of traffic

You could try vpn'ing in and see if that helps

Hi

We are a distributor of Xvision products.

Please PM with a contact tel number and time when you will next be on site and I will arrange for an engineer to call and help you.

Best regards

Peter

Archived