Security Installer Community

Ideas For The Perfect Cctv Fron End

james.wilson

Hi, gurus

I have a strange one. We are involved in a one off custom project and want to make the cctv system look 'amazing'

What im looking at doing is writing a front end for our system that can show live images etc

There are tv's all over the place and i plan to display my front end on these

Im thinking of having a site plan and as motion is detected in each area highlight the area on a 2d floor plan with diferent colours. I would aslo like to keep all cameras in a small split in a corner and move and resize them as the go into alarm.

I accept it wont be much use but what im trying to achieve is wow factor. So anything goes within reason as long as my coding ability holds up to the suggestions!!

cheers

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hey James,

Sounds like you know your stuff. I'm looking at adding support for additional manufacturers cameras into my Virtual Monitoring system. I'd appreciate it if you would let me know if you come across any low cost IP cameras that can be triggered remotely by software commands (other than Axis).

Good luck with your project.

Steve.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

While we are talking about IP stuff, has anybody seen the new IP wireless intruder alarm that takes pictures aswell, on sale at PC world made by Motorola, serious kit which i think could distroy the domestic market.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

While we are talking about IP stuff, has anybody seen the new IP wireless intruder alarm that takes pictures aswell, on sale at PC world made by Motorola, serious kit which i think could distroy the domestic market.

stick a link up in trade if you have one ;)

Im not sure about all the functions your after but try Cortech development, they can do a site plan which will show triggers.

I have used there software twice and found it spot on, it worked by sending commands from your control equipment via RS232 to a PC.

Even if they cant help they may point you in the right direction.

www.cortech.co.uk

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Hey James,

.............. I'm looking at adding support for additional manufacturers cameras into my Virtual Monitoring system..............

Steve.

steve send me details/site ad pls m8

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Don't worry - the retrofit market is far more lucrative for you guys :yes:

I offer this service to alarm installers in the USA/Canada but don't see it taking off fully for a couple more years yet in the UK.

All you need is an Alarm Panel Adapter and an Axis IP camera. The Alarm Panel Adapter keeps the server updated with the customer's current IP address and also sends out alarm signals over IP when the panel is activated. The server then sends a software trigger to the camera and the pre and post alarm images are uploaded to our server.

Works great - but the Axis cameras are a bit pricey, so that's why I'm looking for others.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Archived