Security Installer Community

Bare Copper Vs Ccs Conductor Coaxial Cable

Guest vision2007

Guest vision2007

Hi, i am newbie here.

Could anyone please tell me what is bare copper conductor for coaxial cable? Is it a pure solid copper conductor for the cable?

Meanwhile, why the price for coaxial cable with copper coated steel (CCS) conductor is higher than the one with bare copper conductor? what are the differences between them?

Any reply is very much appreciated.

Hi, i am newbie here.

Could anyone please tell me what is bare copper conductor for coaxial cable? Is it a pure solid copper conductor for the cable?

:yes:

Meanwhile, why the price for coaxial cable with copper coated steel (CCS) conductor is higher than the one with bare copper conductor?

:question:

as far as i am avare some manufacturers have started to use CCS due to fact that raw copper price has multiplied by 8 or something within a year or so.

so in general i can't understand how your bare copper is cheaper than CCS.

naturally there is MUCH deviation in quality between bare copper coax cables too so that could be the answer.

what are the differences between them?

Any reply is very much appreciated.

between bare copper and copper coated steel??

CCS has steel core that has copper sheating around it.. --> less copper --> cheaper cable.

personally i would never go CCS route. it is like driving your ferrari with biodiesel

Theres alot of this cable about at the moment either copper coated steel of the last lot I've just see is just steel wire. as mentioned earlier copper prices in the last two years has gone from

Archived