Security Installer Community

Kodicom - Where'd They Go?????

Guest stevevtec

Guest stevevtec

Hi all,

We have, over the last 2 years, installed a number of Kodicom units from across their range. Unfortunately we have had one fail (or fortunately there's only one) on us and since Kodicom retreated to Korea in 2005 we have been unable to get any technical help with the faulty unit. If anyone would like details of this fault then either email me or reply to this topic. I lie when I say no technical help but we have, via email and very expensive phone calls, established that it is most likely to be a hardware problem. Kodicon want us to ship it back to Korea so they can try and sort it but the cost for this is prohibitive. We have replaced the unit with an alternative now so I'm sat on a unit that I can't trust in the field.

So if anyone can help with info on the above or know of any repair facility in the UK then I'd really appreciate it.

Regards for now, Steve

Address

Unit 5, Kingsmill Business Park

Chapel Mill Road

Kingston-upon-Thames

Surrey

KT1 3AP

United Kingdom

+44 (0)20 8546 9111

+44 (0)20 8546 1872

Is that where you were dealing with?

Kodicom Korea should know of UK companies selling and supporting their products surely?

Guest stevevtec

Hi Rich

Yep thats the address. Our contact was Chris Wembridge who stayed with the company when they "up sticks" and went back to Korea. In a phone conversation with him he confirmed that there is no one (officially) in the UK. Interestingly enough we have had a mail from a guy called David Beech who introduced himself as European Business Development Director. He has stated that when the new European operation is up and running we can get our kit repaired there. It will be out of waranty by then so it will still cost us!!

Any other info would be helpfull but thanks for the quick reply.

Steve

Well Dave Beech is ex Technical Director of Nobrains and ex CEO of VisionLink plus. I believe he is involved in import/ purchasing projects on his own now, but I would have thought taking on Kodicom after they have tarnished their reputation would be a bit risky.

If it's warranty insist that the Koreans pay for it to get back to them, it is a manufacturers warranty after all. There is one kodicom on Skype which may save you some expensive calls if you have that facility

What exactly is the fault? I have some ex Kodicom contacts

cheers

R

Guest stevevtec

Hi R ?

Thanks for that info.

Our problem is the fault occurred a month before waranty ran out and following the remote advice given we got it working. Only problem is the fault re-emerged a good few times over 6 - 8 weeks. This was again supported remotely but the question of shipping costs once the deadline passed caused an eerie silence from the other side of the world!!!

The fault manifests itself as losing cameras in blocks of 4 but if I explain the set up of the machine first that might help.

16 colour cameras into a 16 channel pc based Kodicom DN6816 PE-L. All set to motion recording only. High quality setting. Best Resolution.

The recording will stop on 4 cameras ( 1-4 or 5-8 or 9-12 or 13-16) at random. When the unit was set to restart once a week the client would (when in search mode) see the loss of recording on 4 cameras until the machine was restarted by the schedule or manual reboot. We altered the restart schedule to once a day so the most they could lose a group of cameras for was upto 24 hrs. We reinstalled new drivers, the operating system, the latest software etc etc but the problem kept coming back, not immediately but within a few days or a week. I believe it is a problem with the capture card but Kodicom still want the machine back to them at Korea (at our expense) to confirm this. They will not ship me a card so I can try it here.

As mentioned in the earlier posts, thanks in advance for anyone who can help me going forward with this.

Regards, Steve

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

We have, over the last 2 years, installed a number of Kodicom units from across their range. Unfortunately we have had one fail (or fortunately there's only one) on us and since Kodicom retreated to Korea in 2005 we have been unable to get any technical help with the faulty unit. If anyone would like details of this fault then either email me or reply to this topic. I lie when I say no technical help but we have, via email and very expensive phone calls, established that it is most likely to be a hardware problem. Kodicon want us to ship it back to Korea so they can try and sort it but the cost for this is prohibitive. We have replaced the unit with an alternative now so I'm sat on a unit that I can't trust in the field.

So if anyone can help with info on the above or know of any repair facility in the UK then I'd really appreciate it.

Regards for now, Steve

Hi Steve,

You can get full Kodicom support & indeed Kodicom DVRs from the following company:

Digital Express Limited

44 Cobham Road

Ferndown Industrial Estate

Wimborne

Dorset

BH21 7QG

Tel: 0870 757 4070

In fact if you ring the old Kodicom number 0208546 9111 the calls are redirected to Digital Express

Email: sales@digital-express.co.uk

Hope this helps

David

• 1 year later...

Hello there

Just a note for all of you searching the Forum looking for support on Kodicom products in the UK and Northern Europe.

We are the Official and Exclusive UK and Northern EU Distributor and repair centre for Kodicom products, we sell all the current range of Kodicom products, and can service and repair to component level using genuine Kodicom parts backed by Kodicom Korea directly. We have the latest versions of software and firmware available for all items including legacy products.

We hold a vast array of current catalogue line items that can be delivered next day, and can usually turn around repairs within 24 hours (depending on the fault). We have an ftp facility enabling the transfer of the very latest software any time of the day or night.

Marketing brochures and information are also available from our sales office. We have new UK specific material being launched very shortly.

So if you have any technical questions, need sales advice or have and warranty and repair issues please feel free to contact us at the following address as we are very willing to help out. So have confidence contact the official source and home of Kodicom in the UK -

CCTVx Ltd.

Unit 7 Cygnet Business Centre

Hanley Swan

Worcestershire

WR8 0EA

Tel

Archived