Security Installer Community

Dennard 2060 Lens Reset

My Dome is doing these every other day or so, the motion detection is picking it up saying Lens Reset in the top corner, when it looks like the dome does a unfocus then a focus, then its fine.... is this normal ?

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

I rang dm and they said this is a fix to correct the Preset drift issue.... And does it everyday. Seems feasable.

on the same kind of subject i have problems with the dome being a shade of blue in the morning when switching from mono to colour and sometimes when using the presets / joystick, the dome carrys on spiraling 360 on its own and the joystick has no effect.

DM says this could be due to a higher voltage signal on the coax due to the signal cable being only 5 metres or so. And because im using up the coax Telemetry its effecting this. And im to turn some settings in the NVM section of the Head off and set a gain to 1?

Anyone else had this issue.?

I assume your running this from a digi sprite then

If you change to 485 this will stop and dm are correct, the 1v p-p is critial for DM fsk operation. So if coax telemetry is the only option you will have to get into the programming of the head and drop the amp to 1 and if you only on 5m id turn off the 5Mhz lift too

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I assume your running this from a digi sprite then

If you change to 485 this will stop and dm are correct, the 1v p-p is critial for DM fsk operation. So if coax telemetry is the only option you will have to get into the programming of the head and drop the amp to 1 and if you only on 5m id turn off the 5Mhz lift too

Nice 1 James, i do have a Screened 4 core in the dome PSU so could connect this up if problems still occour, i will try the settings first. I will have to change the rotaries in the dome head for 485 operation,

is it a new one?

I beleive the new ones do a warm reboot once per day maybe this is a side effect, have you got error reporting turned on?

Yep, this is the way that our dev team have chosen to get round the "preset drift" issue. You'd find on some versions of dome software that your presets would drift slightly. A head reset would resolve this, so what happens now? The dome resets at about 3am daily.

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Archived