Security Installer Community

Parcel Delivery Scam

Guest rjbsec

Had this information today from my ARC, it is said to have been confirmed by Royal Mail and Trading Standards:-

Royal Mail postal scam.

The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:

A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 0906 6611911 (a premium rate number). DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize. If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed

hi all,

this is just another of this type of confidence scam, same idea as 'you have won a lotery'.

the cure for them is a fairly simple matter for the telephone companies to implement, any premium number costing say more than a

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi all,

this is just another of this type of confidence scam, same idea as 'you have won a lotery'.

the cure for them is a fairly simple matter for the telephone companies to implement, any premium number costing say more than a

Trade Member

another one i have heard of is the delivery guy turns up with a parcel and asks for a signature from mr XXXX . mr XXXX doesnt work there so delivery guy asks if he can use a phone to ring his boss- and dials the 0906 number. 10 mins later when you are 15 quid down the delivery fella says "sorry, you were right, im at the wrong address" and drives off.

I wouldnt let one of those delivery drivers across my door step :no:

there was a nother scam used last year arround my area (bungalow city), well dressed and spoken knocks on the door begging to use phone to call here husband, as car has broken (merc parked outside with hood up) down and she has her forgotten mobil.

women are too polite and blokes too gullable

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived