Security Installer Community

Gsm Module

whibbs

The GSM module doesn't know what kind of account you have, PAYG or Pay Monthly. There are issues with PAYG - as previously mentioned. You may find that if it's not used once every (x) months, it auto-cancels.

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

The GSM module doesn't know what kind of account you have, PAYG or Pay Monthly. There are issues with PAYG - as previously mentioned. You may find that if it's not used once every (x) months, it auto-cancels.

i have been told that if i use vodafone PAYG and set the panel to

test call once a month then it will stay active but iam not sure if i can send data with that type of card ie upload / download

but i will have fit it and wait and see

Wayne Hibbs

i have been told that if i use vodafone PAYG and set the panel to

test call once a month then it will stay active but iam not sure if i can send data with that type of card ie upload / download

but i will have fit it and wait and see

They use vodaphone cards for lap tops, so i`ll guess you can send data with it.

cheers

I think it has to be under contract to have Data enabled.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I think it has to be under contract to have Data enabled.

Thats possible as the people i know who use this service have contracts. Then again we will find out if they do a PAYG one shortly :P

cheers

Thats possible as the people i know who use this service have contracts. Then again we will find out if they do a PAYG one shortly :P

cheers

just tried sending a fax with the PAYG card by putting in my phone and connecting by bluetooth to my laptop and it has worked. fine

so it must be possible to send data as uploading / downloading is done in much the say way.

Wayne Hibbs

just tried sending a fax with the PAYG card by putting in my phone and connecting by bluetooth to my laptop and it has worked. fine

so it must be possible to send data as uploading / downloading is done in much the say way.

In current terminology - a fax isn't the same as "data" unless you're using dialup net access. A fax is essentially a phone call. The mobile networks tend to refer to "data" as GPRS/UMTS (3g) these days, both of which are packet data. It's quite rare to see dialup used apart from in legacy applications and areas of outstandingly pants reception :)

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Archived