Security Installer Community

Gsm Module

whibbs

If u send/receive fax via a gsm mobile it will be a data call.

that call will thou be CSD which means circuit switched data. Speed in gsm networks with a csd connection is 9600bps. Here i would thou need a separate data number in order to make a data call (like modem connection) to the gsm terminal such as mobile phone, gsm module, etc. also depending of the sending fax machine i would need a separate fax number - only one sim card thou. Nowadays if u try to send a fax to my mobile number and you have auto send set to ON - then the network can rcognise it as a fax call due to beep tone that fax machine is sending.

i haven't been using payg cards for a loooooong time but then they worked fine with 9600bps data without any additional orders. HSCSD was different story thou - but it was with contract cards as well.

what comes to payg cards aswell is that with some operators your card can become inactive because you didn't pay for new credit for six monthsEventhou you had plenty still left...

• 2 weeks later...

A vodafone PAYG sim will be OK in this application. You will have to make the occasional call or your number will be disconected. I would be recommending a low tarrif contract. Or better still getting it yourself, keeping the nice freebie phone and then include the costs as part of their service contract.

If you go PAYG, then top the SIM up, would be a pain if the place got stuffed when you were out of credit.

cheers

Dave

I have fitted one before Wayne, if you use a new sim (likely), make sure you put the sim in a phone first and turn off pin code request for the sim.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 3 weeks later...
sorry abot the delay in the out come of the gsm as i am still waiting for alert elec to get the unit to from texecom they are very slow at send out items.

i will update forum once i have fitted the unit.

have fitted the unit works will only one thang is i can not get it to answer a call when i try to conect through wintex can any one help ?

i thank i have to fit a com2400 to make it work ?

Wayne Hibbs

Archived