Security Installer Community

Dennard 2050 P/t/z Domes

Alister

I visited one of my sites today which, amongst other cameras, has two Dennard 2050 P/T/Z domes (installed approx 4 years ago), they are controlled by a Dedicated Micro's KBX3 keypad via a DM DS2 DVR - the system is generally working well although both domes are "creeping" slightly, particularly just after being manually panned - they creep a bit then stop. Any ideas?

replace the keyboard.

You try recalibrating it but we have had to replace a few keybaords latly on maint

James

Yeh my thoughts also, i think you hold down * on connecting the keyboard and rotate it then twist it to calibrate.

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Do you have any other PTZs on the Sprite? If it's all your PTZs on the unit which are moving slightly then the above poster is correct, simply calibrate the joystick.

Unplug the keyboard, plug it back in whilst holding down the star key. Move the joystick to it's extremes (up, down, left, right, twist to zoom in and out) then press the star key again.

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

Do you have any other PTZs on the Sprite? If it's all your PTZs on the unit which are moving slightly then the above poster is correct, simply calibrate the joystick.

Unplug the keyboard, plug it back in whilst holding down the star key. Move the joystick to it's extremes (up, down, left, right, twist to zoom in and out) then press the star key again.

I have known domes to creep if they are using coaxial telemetry and the cables are subject to noise. The joystick calibration sounds favourite and would be a perfect place to start.

cheers

Dave

i have had this and its usually the keyboard mate, if you unplug it i bet it stops

RS485 is ok?

Keyboard is OK?

If the keyboard and the dome is near,please try to power off and power on the PTZ!

Preset the stop position and run speed!

Thank you all for the quick response and suggested remedies to the problem.

Archived