Security Installer Community

Dm Sprite D4

brad2512

Hi ive recently got hold of an oldish 4way sprite and wondered if this is capable of running domes either on rs485 422 or just coax? or is it only the ds2 what you can do this with. There is nothing in the menu where you can change the telemetry type. does anyone know? cheers

You sure, Im sure the d4 can do telemetry, even down the coax.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The new D4 will do telemetry but if you are fitting a VCL head you can not access the head so you cannot assign alarms to presets which is a little annoying. I also have an ECO 4 at my house but that will not do telemetry hope this helps.

Regards.

Garry.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

Hi ive recently got hold of an oldish 4way sprite and wondered if this is capable of running domes either on rs485 422 or just coax? or is it only the ds2 what you can do this with. There is nothing in the menu where you can change the telemetry type. does anyone know? cheers

The D4 does telemetry - taken from the datasheet.

TELEMETRY DATA

Built-in RS485/Twisted pair protocols provide direct control

of the following domes:

--

psumner@dmicros.com

Manufacturer

The D4 does telemetry - taken from the datasheet.

You go to the System Options menu, and set the serial telemetry type in there. Then go to the Alarms and Presets page for each individual camera and set it there too.

there is no alarm and presets page on the D4 beleive me we were on the phone with them talking to a guy who lets say wasnt really well trained we ended up talking to his superior who in the end agreed you usually push and hold the camera number then press the star key but even though it has telemetry this option is no longer available.....couldnt even do it with an alarm board it boasts all the FAMILY FEATURES but let us down big style on this project.

Regards.

Garry.

You can lead a horse to water but you carnt climb a ladder with a bell in both hands.

My whole point is James you can record a preset by pressing preset and storing it by pushing and holding preset but you can only recall that preset you cannot link it to an alarm in this case redwalls because you can no longer access the VCL menu from the D4 it wont do it anymore probably something to do with them buying dennard :rolleyes:

In the end we had to take a maxcom connect the alarms on the VCL back to THANK GOD a rio and an old Galaxy relay board why dont they make them anymore and set up our VCL that way.

If there was any other way of doing it we tried we love DM its all we fit even went on there HDD course this year but annoying for high end.

Regards.

Garry.

P.S we love galaxy aswell.

PP.S stupid polls SUCK

not on the VCL you cannot access domes head so no progging of the domes head we are using vista smartel on this tx but allways like to run redwalls through rios that way you can iron out easy any false calling just programme circuit as setlog and do links works well but when you pay prices that DM charge you expect the best. ;)

:) without been to political I FINK GALAXYS ARE ACE.

And weve got our final inspection by Mr Mike on the 12th of december so keep ure fingers crossed for us all of you.

Regards an Merry Xmas.

Garry.

Archived