Security Installer Community

Cctv Power Suply

Guest Trev

I am after a bit of advice.

I have just got my self a Sony SSC-MD53VCE external CCTV camera and need to know hows best to power it up.

The first problem i have come across is its not like othe CCTV cameras i have had with either a 2.1mm or 2.5mm jack on it for power, it has two small electrial connectors (like a choc block)

Now the camera needs a suply of 2.3w (12dc or 24ac)

Im guessing i cant just wire this straight to a 3amp plug in the mains. I will need a transformer of some sort?

This is a PDF spec sheet of the camera and on page 2 1st pici shows the electrical connector.

Thanks in advance guys.

You guess correctly!!!

You will need a regulated power supply to plug into the mains at one end and drop down to the required voltage into the terminal block at the other end - ac will eliminate the polarity issue if you aren't sure about which would be + or - on dc.

Ok so would i be best with something like This?

Or more along the lines of This?

Or unless some one could point me in the line of a correct one of a trader off here?

If the input can accept A.C then you can connect your DC lead anyway round you like. The internal diodes will route the supply to the correct place...WHY dont I READ the posts properly before I open my big mouth..

cheers guys! Thats great advice and its all up and sorted now!

Archived