Security Installer Community

Maxcom K Series

Guest cossikid

Guest cossikid

Hi, can anyone give me some advice on some kit i have recently aquired on an upgrade job.

I have two VCL orbitors, one works fine, the other works apart from producing nothing but a grey video output ( it does move) I set the system up at home but had no power supply for the combined keyboard/controller so i opened it up and hard wired 12 volts in. Everything worked ok for a week or so untill i aquired the correct power supply, opened the unit to remove the hard wired one and accidently pulled the connector to the keyboard off whilst the unit was powered up. i plugged it back onto the board and put the thing back together. Now when i power it up it bleeps as normal but no lights show on the keyboard. The keys bleep when pressed but only 7 times before becoming silent which suggests to me that there is no data being transfered the the controller and a buffer overun occurs. The video output still works ok but the screen shows ALARM1. I am presuming that i have goosed it but maybe someone out there knows a simple solution? I also have a maxcom controller with a joystick but this only has an rs232 connector on the back. Can i somehow get this to work as the keyboard for the other unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated... even if it's a case of buying a second hand controller from someone?

Archived