Security Installer Community

Adjusting Genlock (linelock)

Guest CS223

The typical method used to adjust linelock seems to be to toggle between cameras on a monitor until you don't get any roll. It takes two folks to really do this, one at the camera & one at the monitor. Could the line lock be adjusted close enough to prevent roll if the cameras were on the bench? I know the cable length will introduce propagation delay, at what length does it become an issue?

One other thought I had was adjusting the linelock using an O'scope while looking at the zero crossing on the AC line and observing the camera vertical sweep pulse. TIA

you should use a scope but you can also get syncing tools that you plug onto both cameras and adjust as the one camera. Line locking is used to lock the frame sync to the mains freq, obviusly different phases require adjustment. If you always use the same phase then the cams can be synced on the bench. Cable length will not cause a delay, unless its 10's of kilometers

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you should use a scope but you can also get syncing tools that you plug onto both cameras and adjust as the one camera. Line locking is used to lock the frame sync to the mains freq, obviusly different phases require adjustment. If you always use the same phase then the cams can be synced on the bench. Cable length will not cause a delay, unless its 10's of kilometers

Thanks, guess I should have clarified that I would be running them all from a single 24VAC supply, I'll genlock them all on the bench then.

FYI genlock is a different way of syncing cameras from 1 sync generator and 2 coax's to eaxh camera. Linelock was the next one as it didnt need additional cabling

Sorry, ment line lock. A bit foggy in the head this morning.

Archived