Security Installer Community

Help Wireless Cctv

Guest bluesatin

Guest bluesatin

Please can somebody give me advice/help.

After a spate of thefts locally and an attempt to brake into the garage at home I would like to install cctv on the property as a deterrent. The garage and property entrance is approx 150m from the house. I have tried cheap wireless cctv (ebay !) and the range to the house is too far. Next I ordered a kit from I believe to be a major supplier of CCTV in the UK

However I have major concerns as the Receiver/Transmitter box is stating 1.2ghz 400mW which from what I believe to be illegal- is this true?

Perfectly ok, provided the company has the relevant licence to manufacture products using that frequency. Im a radio ham upto 26dBW on that frequency (23cms) is permitted with the relevant licence.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest bluesatin
Perfectly ok, provided the company has the relevant licence to manufacture products using that frequency. Im a radio ham upto 26dBW on that frequency (23cms) is permitted with the relevant licence.

So for home DIY installation of CCTV it is ok for me to use 1.2ghz 400mw transmitter/ reciever to send the picture from the garage to the house?

No planes are going to land on my roof or police to arrive at the door!!!!

Thanks for your help

Please note that 1.2GHz wireless cameras, are illegal in the UK and other countries, including the rest of Europe, and the US!

These camera's are infact illegal to use in the UK due to the fact that, that area of frequencies is allocated to Radio Amateurs. My origional reply was done becuse I thought you were worried about the 400mW output power.

Guest bluesatin

These camera's are infact illegal to use in the UK due to the fact that, that area of frequencies is allocated to Radio Amateurs. My origional reply was done becuse I thought you were worried about the 400mW output power.

Once again thanks- just what I thought- may have a word with trading standards about the company that supplied the bits to me if they are not willing to take them back- I know need a solution!

2.4 GHZ might surprise you..

But if you find your struggling there are antenna's around which focus the transmitters power in a certain direction, with these antenna's range's upto a few Km is easilly possible.

2.4 GHZ might surprise you..

But if you find your struggling there are antenna's around which focus the transmitters power in a certain direction, with these antenna's range's upto a few Km is easilly possible.

Under ideal conditions you can often get a better range than the manufacturer states.

I've installed quite a few 2.4GHz wireless solutions, and like "Service Engineer" has said you can quite often change the antenna's for a a more suitable one. Try here for antenna's: http://www.wirelesspro.co.uk/default.php?cPath=1_2

Archived